Novi-1200 blower abilities

300bhp/ton

Apr 4, 2005
England
I test drove a 2007 Mustang GT with a Paxtonn Novi blower, the trader said it had "420hp" so assume its running the Novi 1200. Afraid I don't know much more than that. The car was a manual tranny with some bolt ons (exhaust).

It didn't feel as quick as I thought it would.

How much more tunable are these blowers? Is it easy/possible to up the psi and see more hp?

How do these blowers compare performance wise to the Roush blowers?

Thanks. :)

• Sponsors (?)

The Paxton Novi 1200 is identical to the Vortech V2 I have on my car. Same head unit, same company, same everything other than the name brand it is sold as. Neither are intercooled. Both blowers are rated at 420 flywheel hp on an otherwise stock engine using the Paxton/Vortech supplied tune, but they are rated to support up to 680 flywheel hp with proper tuning, cooling, and boost, so there is a lot of potential available for upgrading! They are supposedly efficient up to 26-27 psi, so there's lots of room to grow.

I had a custom dyno tune done for mine, and I'm getting about 455 flywheel hp (about 35 more hp than with the Vortech tune). Engine, exhaust, and suspension are 100% factory stock in my heavy, well-optioned automatic 07 GT. Only other mods are 4.10 gears, stall converter, and drag radials and I run consistent 12.30's @ 111+ in the 1/4 mile. For those with shorter 1/8 mile tracks out there, my car runs 7.90's @ 90 + in the 1/8 mile.

Every Roushcharged (435hp rated) Mustang I've seen at our local tracks with comparable mods to my GT tend to run in the high 12's at 107-8 mph, so I'm easily beating them by 1/2 second and several mph through the traps. I'm sure the Roushchargers can be upgraded like the Paxton/Vortech blowers, but out of the box the Paxton/Vortech blowers run quicker at the dragstrip.

Is Stangnet a bit quiet these days?? I haven't posted here for a few years but remember it being much more active than this.

This threads been active for days, with only a single reply yet somehow is still on the 1st page in the forum :shrug: