Novice installs JLT CAI

Some things I ran into while doing my CAI mode.

90' elbow has a throttle body side and tube side. If you attach incorrectly the tube will not reach the filter within the plastic cowling.

Emailed Jay from JLT and recommended a dyno tune or someone who has a JLT tune already prepared. I went with a local shop that supplied SCT Xcalibrator II (Fast Specialties for all you Portland/Vancouver folks) but they haven't installed the JLT CAI. My tune was setup for the orginal intake tube size were the MAF sensor is located. 82mm is not the same as 89mm!!

Prepare for the rubber elbow to touch the component on the drivers side of the throttle body. It just barely touches.

All in all pretty simple, I just have to go and get a dyno tune and I'm good to go!!

• Sponsors (?)

My elbow touched as well. It was cut very crooked. I e-mailed Jay @ JLT and e got another elbow out to me that day.
Jay and Doug @ Bama where I got my intake from both have great customer service.

Mike

ecko51 said:
My elbow touched as well. It was cut very crooked. I e-mailed Jay @ JLT and e got another elbow out to me that day.
Jay and Doug @ Bama where I got my intake from both have great customer service.

Mike

That is part of my problem, I didn't get the CAI through Bama or the other shops on JLT's website. So I have to get a dyno tune. I 'getter done' on Tuesday.