Founding Member
Jun 27, 2002
- - Zion - -
It is not Complete mind you, but heres a snippet :nice:

IM001688.JPG

IM001686.JPG

IM001685.JPG

IM001689.JPG

A few minors left and interior, show pics in mid Sept.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, that's a nice find. The white/gold looks great, I'm surprised Ford never offered it that way. What's the plan for the car?

I am suprised too since they used that scheme on the rallye package with white/gold interior, seems it would have been a natural for the Cobra II. The plans are for a reaally fast fun Mustang II, Shows, Drags, no daily driver though. I'm hoping for a Cover of one of the stang Mags.

Great color combination, came out great. Look forward to seeing the pictures in September or some more snippet's along the way. Great view of the mountains you got there.

Thanks, and yea they grow them thar Mountains big in Utah.

Yes, need info on that scoop, it looks like a bolt on?
Where is that scoop from? I want it

So heres the scoop on the scoop! What you see on the car is a result of endless measurements and internet searching, then customizing by me. I love this scoop cause the center ridge is identical to the OEM II hood! Anyway, I found this scoop and came up with a plan, believe it or not it is a scoop made by Unlimited products from a 69 Chevelle hood curve. Heres what you need to do, Oh BTW it IS Bolt on, no glassing in needed.
1) Get hood scoop SC-124 (link below)
2) Place on Mustang II hood and mark the length you want.
3) Cut the end of the scoop off duplicating the overhang cut.
4) Reinforce the new end underneath with fiberglass to prevent sagging.
5) Paint/Bolt on
Oh yes, one other thing, I put foam tape underneath to prevent paint chipping when you close the hood. Heres the link:
http://www.up22.com/scoopw1.htm#SC-124
Anyway glad to share, if it helps the II image YEA BABY!

How much did you end up cutting off?
I like how the width is enough to get all the stripes on!
Is the hood curvature pretty close?or did that have to be adjusted as well?

The curve matches real well, no adjustment needed. I cut off 7 inches, (measured from the top and then did the cutback) Making it 42 inches from point to end. The original hits the window. :rolleyes:

Holy Cow John!!!!! I need to make a trip down just to take a better look at it.
That is one beautiful find. I havent seen one it that gooda shape in close to a decade. (at least one that was for sale)

JonDawg, This isnt actually a find it's my black car re-finished! :nice: but hey yea stop in next time your in town.

I know it has been said before, but that's a nice color combination.
I always did like the cobra look.

I'll post an update later when the Sun is out better, the white color is actually a Pearl White. When the sun hits it it dang near blinds you from the Gold metalic in it. :lol: and thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Mstng2 said:
Speaking of completing the car... does anyone have an extra pair of windshield squirters they would part with? (nozzles?) let me know thanks.

Mine aren't hooked and I never plan on using them again, so I will see how to get them off, they worked great last time I had them hooked up, there your for shipping, if your interested.