Now you have to worry about bmw's???

there is still much work to be done on my car. however, the power of my car as it sits kicks major butt. this being said, no warrenty, ford wont even look at it, i have to get it towed a million miles away to my mechanic, and it cost me more then used bmw's would.

i love my car and am not giving it up but these high performance luxury cars are comming off the showroom floor now with exceptional speed without all the hassels of my car.

• Sponsors (?)

there is still much work to be done on my car. however, the power of my car as it sits kicks major butt. this being said, no warrenty, ford wont even look at it, i have to get it towed a million miles away to my mechanic, and it cost me more then used bmw's would.

i love my car and am not giving it up but these high performance luxury cars are comming off the showroom floor now with exceptional speed without all the hassels of my car.

Don't get too jaded though, have you even seen the cost of an aftermarket clutch for an e39 M5. 400hp 5.0L V8. Its a fun car. But when you have to replace the maf like every 40k miles at over 300 a peice, and the car has 2, 02 sensors have to be replaced often, 4 cam position sensors have to be replaced every 50 or 60K miles. They are around 100 a pop.

At least with a mustang you can still own the car out of warrarnty and not tear your wallet apart every time you turn around. Bimmers and benz's need to be owned under warranty. When they work well, they are the best car around.

i hear ya...i know the part replacement on the german rides is expensive. was going to get an audi but now migh settle for a cts or avalon for a daily driver just cause of that. blown stangs can get very expensive also when things go wrong. i spent a crap load on tuning because the first guys couldnt get it right and there is still bugs to be worked out. if cost me over 1000 bucks to switch from diablo tuning to sct with a handheld in a matter of a week, forget about 40,000 miles and having problems.:D

Finally, some mature post in the talk section about other cars.

The new 3 series bmw's are outstanding cars. Had the privilege to drive one, and was thoroughly impressed, as with all their cars.

Everybody buys their cars for different reasons. I wanted a vette after owning a bunch of mustangs. Out handles, breaks, and will accelerate with most any car on the road, especially over 100mph. I got a lot of grief from my mustang buddies about it, but it was time for me to move on. However, the vette is still a crappy built American car though, right on par with my mustangs. Cheap interior, loud, has lots of electrical problems, etc.

I'd trade my car in for a new 3 series car any day of the week. No comparison in our cars and the new BMW's in overall quality. Also, chicks dig BMW's.

I love both types of cars. I love my Mustang just because its a Mustang. There's just soemthing about having a muscular American sports car that people break their necks gawking at when you pass by. Sure its not all that fast comapred to many new stock cars but its stil a Mustang.

But I also have grown to appreciate and love luxury cars. The driving experience is just second to none in total comfort.

But the fact is that there is much more of a comraderie amongst Stang owners than almost any other vehicle out there. Right now I've got to have a Stang but at another stage of life my needs and desires may change to where a BMW would be more desirable. I do truly apprecaite these type of cars for what they are.

That is true. "Most" BMW drivers are pricks, but not all. But like any car brand, there are true enthusiasts who do meet up and appreciate the car and modifications in general.

Finally, some mature post in the talk section about other cars.

I agree.

I love my stang, but I also love my German cars for the quality. Its night and day.

My father in law has the new 335. I'll get to drive it for a bit next time I'm out that way. Hes already trying to convince me to get one...

me scared? ehhhhhh, nah.

And as far as car preference go, it's all about fun factor for me. I know a Vette is a "better" all around car than my stangs. But driving my buddy's C5 nearly put me to sleep.

exactly, and I drive mustangs around and get laughed at as driving a "kids" car, regardless of how much hp you have. I hate driving a heavy vert mustang, as your cobra. Feels like a tank, handles horribly, regardless of how much power it has. Wanted a car with world class handling capabilities to track in stock form, and got that. Get's 30-32mpg highway. Can't stand the way a mustang drives or feels compared to a z16 car.

exactly, and I drive mustangs around and get laughed at as driving a "kids" car, regardless of how much hp you have. I hate driving a heavy vert mustang, as your cobra. Feels like a tank, handles horribly, regardless of how much power it has. Wanted a car with world class handling capabilities to track in stock form, and got that. Get's 30-32mpg highway. Can't stand the way a mustang drives or feels compared to a z16 car.

that's odd, I never get laughed at. Perhaps they're laughing at you instead of your car? :shrug:

You know the saying to each his own? Just because Vettes don't do it for me doesnt mean you should get butthurt and criticize my cars in a MUSTANG forum. Enjoy your z06. I'm sure ppl think you're a real man now. :flag: For me, you appear to have become the stereotypical prick Vette owner with small penis syndrome. Otherwise, you wouldn't worry how others think of you because the car you drive.

that's odd, I never get laughed at. Perhaps they're laughing at you instead of your car? :shrug:

You know the saying to each his own? Just because Vettes don't do it for me doesnt mean you should get butthurt and criticize my cars in a MUSTANG forum. Enjoy your z06. I'm sure ppl think you're a real man now. :flag: For me, you appear to have become the stereotypical prick Vette owner with small penis syndrome. Otherwise, you wouldn't worry how others think of you because the car you drive.

:popcorn:

wow,

you have class. Penis comment? No need to start with the name calling. This thread doesn't need to go there and it shows a lack of respect to fellow board members. You stated that a c5 made you fall asleep. I stated that a cobra vert doesnt do it for me. That should be the end of it.

The stereotype you made about me, others make about BMW owners, and then lambo and Ferrari owners. each buys their car for what they want. Sorry if I offended you. :flag:

You didnt offend me, just annoyed me a little. Kinda reminded me of Pennywise, no offense. And like him, I question your reason for posting in a mustang forum if you dislike mustangs as much as you make it seem.

because I like them for what they are, fixing to buy my 4th in the next couple months for a drag car, using my honda and van for work and daily driving, and the vette for cruising and racing on different tracks besides the strip.

I just think that the comparison of a mustang to a vette to a bmw is worthless, each car is built for a purpose.

I've posted here for 9 years, and still love mustangs.

apples to oranges

I didn't get my Cobra for handling. I just wanted a nice fun cruiser with some balls and got it. Just like how you wanted a lighter car that came with exceptional handling from the factory so you got a z06.

so different strokes for different folks

Like everyone says to each thier own :nice: Some people love certian cars and some people hate certian cars. I have no probles with vet's and bimmers etc. Ive driven both, not owned, just driven haha. But I think its respectable what companies are doing with the cars.

But I do agree, EVERY brand/model own has thier own A-hole drivers. Doesnt matter if its a Mustang, Camaro, Vette, Bimmers, Benz, Honda, etc. I have met some really prick Mustang Drivers and I have met some really prik f-body drivers. What goes around comes around. Winters doesnt bash on here, he enjoys the cars and just happens to drive a vette...heck one day I wouldnt mind owning a z06.......:nice::flag: