Numbers to ponder....laugh at ...etc

mxd_pny

Jan 1, 2004
atlanta
Hi everyone I am new to the forums and thought i might post one that really hits on a few topics people have been talking about. well i finally lost my marbles and had my car spend the day at the dyno over at Team Ford. so in a nutshell here are some no sh** figures if it helps or intriques anyone. first here is a boring run down on my current car both performance and cheesey no functional mods....so laugh or have sympathy as long as we are scraping nuckles, burning hair or banging foreheads...it's all about building cars to talk about over a beer or mmm Ice tea.

2001 NA tropic green 3.8
Automatic
70 MM bbk tb (NO2 coming)
73 mm C+L MAF
Moto spacer
35% underdrive crank pulley
Mac CAI
Pacesetter H pipe
twin 40 series flowmasters
8.8 rear end from a 2001 GT
4:10 FRPP gears
2 1/4 GT tubes
Diablo Chip
Eibach Sportlines (first Mod but these gotta go)
KYB struts
13" cobra brakes (PBR CAL)
Kenny Brown strut tower brace
Kenny brown Double Cross braces
Kenny Brown full length Jacking rails
Kenny Brown Matrix braces.
2000 cobra r hood
2001 cobra bumper
2000 gt rear bumper
Saleen 3 pc 2002 wing
Leather steering wheel
and worth at least 20 HP at the crank....a chrome steeda cig lighter

to be installed:
Quad Shocks
Saleen side skirts
steeda X2 ball joints

Ok back to the real stuff...the dyno run/tune
Before the Diablo Chip 152.5 RWHP 179.1 tq

after 158.5 RWHP and 184.3 tq

my only regret beside selling a 1973 Cuda in 1975 is that I didn't take a baseline run before the mods....

c-ya

Attachments

• eng1.jpg
    eng1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 172
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, the only thing that you have to help you on the hp was the pacesetter hpipe and the CAI?

Other than that, it is all apperance mods.

Who did your dyno for you? Jeff or Aric? They are wonderful, hope you are going to come back there tomorrow for the Mustang Club Meeting!

Travis, the meeting is at 6:30 upstairs in the meeting room!

LsRedy2Kstang said:
Well, the only thing that you have to help you on the hp was the pacesetter hpipe and the CAI?

Other than that, it is all apperance mods.

Who did your dyno for you? Jeff or Aric? They are wonderful, hope you are going to come back there tomorrow for the Mustang Club Meeting!

Travis, the meeting is at 6:30 upstairs in the meeting room!

Yep I'll be there !

Aric did the tune .... really set my shift points nice. Not disappointed at all.

I was a little disappointed in the TB performance that it could actually be hurting my HP (until I get N02 as reported by 5.0 this month) after everyone boosted of hp gains. According to the latest issue most of the performance probably came from the UD pulley I'm running. It might all be Physchological but it runs a lot better then before... i must admit though the car became FUN after i put the new rear end in. wish i had a baseline though ... i'm half tempted to put everything back stock just to get that figure now ...naw ...well maybe :shrug:

and the other bright side is that even though it might not be able to get out of it's own way .... she sure can take the curves.

see ya tomorrow

D-

I think it was mentioned above, but I only noticed a couple of "power" mods. The rest were just suspension stuff. Though, if the CHIP was programmed via dynotuning; I'd expect more gains.
But it also depends on the before & after curves.

Right only listed everything to show the level of commitment toward the car

... so here is the dilema. I'll pull a rough number from the air and say 21% loss from the crank to the pavement 190 - 21% around 150 rwhp ???? anybody is this close ???

So with a 35% UD pulley, H pipe and duels, CAI, 70mm throttle body and 73mm MAF i netted 3 RWHP (152.5)

after the CHIP was programmed and installed was where i picked up the extra 6 HP. something doesnt sound right but i have the charts, and data. The car itself runs great. can definetly feel a difference but the numbers don't support.

I went over every sq inch last night looking for leaks etc .... and besides she purrs like a kitten at idle ....

Time to re think the game plan.

Righhhhhtttt so now the root of my pondering ... Ours are very similar with the biggest difference being mines an Auto (158) vs your 5 spd (194) ... There would be almost 36 hp difference .... even if I put back on the stock throttle body there would be 30 HP difference....I think i have something Bad going on or something didn't click right on the dyno.

As far as the low numbers go, I think for a 5spd I have "lower than the norm" numbers for my stang. I only pulled 171/201 to the wheels with CAI, ASP pulley and duals. Seems a little lower than most that I see but every car reacts different, even if built on the same assembly line. I just got the Vortech on and I am not exactly excited about the new dyno numbers simply because I know my car won't show what most people seem to get. I'll do it b/c I need to kow the numbers, but like I said I am not setting my sights very high at all.