NXT is by far the bst i've used to date

00VERT GT

Jun 30, 2003
SW Florida
damn i just used this stuff for the first time this weekend. My car never looked like this before. not only did the wax deliver an unreal shine it took away a lot of my swirl marks. HIGHLY reccomend to anyone.

attachment.php

orange peel i know....you can only see it up close. from afar the car looks like mirror

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

Ditto here! The only thing I am a little concerned about is durability. That is really hard to judge as usually you only have slickness and beading to tell if there is anything on the paint and both seem to fall off after 2-3 weeks. I am still playing with it though.

Meguiars NXT Tech Wax
2760sidenxt.jpg

Meguiars NXT Tech Wax
2760rearquarternxt.jpg

The jury is still out :) I have only had it on my car for a bit over 3 weeks. I really like the look but, I am still concerned about the durability. Time will tell.

Previously I used Meguiars #7 show car glaze topped with #26 high tech yellow wax. I have used this combo for years. The look is very close to NXT but, a bit darker and richer. I was really counting on NXT for the durability being a polymer and so far it seems to look like it may not be there.

Meguiars #7,#26
2760front726.jpg

Meguiars #7,#26
2760hood726.jpg

Meguiars #7,#26
2760side726.jpg

rjstaaf said:
The jury is still out :) I have only had it on my car for a bit over 3 weeks. I really like the look but, I am still concerned about the durability. Time will tell.

Previously I used Meguiars #7 show car glaze topped with #26 high tech yellow wax. I have used this combo for years. The look is very close to NXT but, a bit darker and richer. I was really counting on NXT for the durability being a polymer and so far it seems to look like it may not be there.

what makes you say it looks like it may not be there? How long should a "good" wax hold up for on a car. (i know a lot depends on weather conditions and all)

BTW your car looks beautiful

I usually wax once a month but, #26 held up for about 6 weeks before I noticed slickness and beading start to fade. That does not bode well for a pure polymer if it cannot hold up longer than #26 which is mostly carnauba. Like I said though, I have not made up my mind. The weather is pretty bad here, very cold and frequent rain. I will continue playing around with it and reserve my judgement on NXT for better weather.

Has anyone been able to find any of the NXT line of products in their pep boys or auto zones in PA or NJ? I just went to an autozone by my school today to look at the products and they didnt have *****. Also, i think those touchless car washes are a waste of money, they never get the grime off of my car, so I think that I will get a bucket and wash mitt (all my stuff is at home and not here at college) and go to a service bay and wash it there, but use my soap and washmitt and bucket. Does anyone else do this?? Can't wash it in front of my house at school...got no driveway! :bang:

If your paint is new or very well cared for you won't see a night and day difference. Most of the shine you see is from properly prepped paint. If you look at the pics I posted above of my 'Stang with NXT and with #26 it is really hard to see a major difference. The differences are very subtle. NXT is more reflective than #26 and #26 gives a darker warmer tone to the paint.

NXT does offer some things that might be worth looking at aside from just looks. It is a pure polymer so you should see quite a bit more durability than the cleaner wax. It goes on and comes off easier than most cleaner waxes. NXT also has the ability to fill minor swirls and scratches lessening their appearance.

Although I typically stick with Meguiars these days I still like Zymol and when I first bought my Mustang I used Zymol on it for the first few months.

Zymol Cleaner Wax
2760frontquarterzymol.jpg

rjstaaf said:
If your paint is new or very well cared for you won't see a night and day difference. Most of the shine you see is from properly prepped paint. If you look at the pics I posted above of my 'Stang with NXT and with #26 it is really hard to see a major difference. The differences are very subtle. NXT is more reflective than #26 and #26 gives a darker warmer tone to the paint.

NXT does offer some things that might be worth looking at aside from just looks. It is a pure polymer so you should see quite a bit more durability than the cleaner wax. It goes on and comes off easier than most cleaner waxes. NXT also has the ability to fill minor swirls and scratches lessening their appearance.

Although I typically stick with Meguiars these days I still like Zymol and when I first bought my Mustang I used Zymol on it for the first few months.

Zymol Cleaner Wax
2760frontquarterzymol.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking that once it warms up I'll do half of the car with the NXT and the other half with the Mequiars liquid cleaner wax, see which one looks better and lasts longer. I usually apply & remove the liquid cleaner wax with a waxmaster buffer, then run a lambswool pad over the entire car with the waxmaster. That final step seems to really bring out the gloss of the laser red paint.

Argh curse you Bob! Your pictures have given me incentive to go see if I can find the NXT products at Walmart. Schucks and Target didn't have them, but I'll give Walmart a shot.

Ah I remember Zymol, their wax in the bottles (light blue kind) was a PITA to use. It was hard to take off. I was at a local store called "Car Boutique" that mostly sells things like accessories and performance stuff for cars and they have a small container of Zymol with a sponge. It says it's something like 50 percent carnauba by volume and it costs $150!

Yup Zymol cleaner wax is a bear to use and will leave white residue on your trim but, it sure does shine :) I also have a jar of Zymol Creme wax which was $45 and it looks great as well but, is not durable. This is why I continue to play around with any product I can get my hands on. My tried and true stand by combo has always been Meguiars #7 topped with #26. If the weather will cooperate this weekend I am going to wash, clay and apply NXT Tech Wax again but, this time I am going to try topping NXT Tech Wax with #16 professional wax. I would use #26 but, I wanted to try #16 for the first time and because it is a white wax that should let the look of NXT show through.

rjstaaf said:
Most of the shine you see is from properly prepped paint.
... and after a good wet sand and buff.

stang5.jpg

Pics after a fresh wash with no wax. :nice: Granted, this is after one hell of a paint job, but...

I use Meguiars clear coat polish. Can't remember all of the details of it, but it works great. I wash it once every 2 months or so, depending. I wash it with Zymol.

Tim

hey bob did you come to a conculsion about the durability of NXT? It's been two weeks now and the NXT looks like it's beginning to fail. The swirls marks are coming through again and the shine is fading. Maybe it will last longer the more i use it. Not sure but i'm starting to doubt it.