o/s for program

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by greengoblin95, Mar 26, 2010.

1. im going to be purchasing the rt version and i was wondering if i could use vista since thats on my wifes laptop or do i need something a little older? i looked at the website and it only said 98, xp pro, 2000 and nothing about vista. just didnt know if that hasnt been updated for new o/s. thanks

:edit: i found some old threads, forgot this site actually uses its search feature lol

2. i have vista 64 and it works fine

peace

3. The tweecer interface is a usb flavor

Win98 did not offer usb support :notnice:

Win98 SE did offer usb :nice:

Just wanted to make that a bit more clear :)

btw ... My old tuning laptop runs 98 se with no issues

Grady

4. I have 32 bit Vista and it works fine but you have to turn off the User Account Control or run Calcon/Caledit as an Administrator. If I don't do that then I get error messages and it won't work.

As a side note, as I am typing this there is an ad in the sidebar for Chevy Camaro. WTF?

5. how do i turn the uac off?

6. don't know about Vista but mine is not liking Windows 7 at all. has been driving me nuts trying to figure it out. I think I'm going to pick up an older laptop w/windows 2000 off of flebay & dedicate it to the stang.

7. Start
    Control Panel
    User Accounts
    Turn User Account Control On or Off

Grady

8. that simple aye, im surprised. usually vista tries to make everything seem as a task to get to