O/T. We need your help !!!!

As some may know, Ford recently shelved the upcoming Generation 3 Lightning. This was not a SVT decision, but a Ford beancounter decision. Remember that the next Lightning was to use a version of the Ford GT engine, and was supposed to be quite a monster.

Even if you are not a fan of this truck, we still need your help. The Lightning Community has launched a grass roots letter, fax, e-mail campaign to get our truck back. As has been proven in the past, with the Mustang, this can work at Ford.

Enthusiasts as a whole are a small part of the auto buying community. If automakers see that they can just throw away popular halo vehicles like the Lightning, based on "bad math," with no repercussions, then what is their incentive to keep improving the breed. Or, with no outcry, to produce half baked "performance" products like the Monte Carlo and Impala SS. This is why we must all band together to help save an incredibly popular vehicle. Ford has to be made to understand that this is a bad business decision......... and that they will be held accountable.

Please take 5 minutes out of your day to help our cause.

I will thank everyone in advance.

Here are the ways to contact them:

SVT Phone # is 1-800-367-3788
SVT fax # is: 1-313-621-2500

John Coletti's email is: [email protected]
Tom Scarpello's email is : [email protected]

SVT snail mail:
Ford SVT
PO Box 490
Dearborn, MI 48121

• Sponsors (?)

I hate to see the L go, but Ford is probably just concentrating on the cars that will make them the most money. They are a business and contrary to what we car enthusiasts believe, making profitable cars is more important than making fast cars.

They should just bump up the power to 400-420 and put it the new body style resulting in similar performance to the gen 2 at a reasonable price.

I would rather have a 380hp 04 for around 30K than a 500hp 06 for 50K.

i can belive them axing the lightning, ford has always looked at the compitition, this time being dodge with the SRT-10 Ram. the sales are stagering down the hill and keep dropping in sales. poeple are getting less interested in the fast trucks according to sales. and of course ford likes to bale on slow sellers, crap they tried to drop the mustang a couple of times because sales dropped abit.

I'd rather see SVT put the Lightning on hold, or even axe it if it meant that it would help bring the Next Gen Cobra out sooner. Sorry, but the Lightning does absolutely nothing for me. That's not what I would buy a truck for.

Granted it's fast, but I'd rather see Ford put a more powerful N/A gas V-8 engine in their regular line of trucks(and Mustangs), than in a Novelty truck like the Lightning.

Come on lets face it, the F-series trucks(and Mustangs) have pathetic gas N/A V-8 engines. I know what I'm talking about. I've owned 4 of them in the past 6 years.