O wonderful......

XxEdgeFactorxX

Nov 10, 2002
Comming home from a cruise with the boys .. I tested out my tranny seening how ive been having vibraiton probs and I put it from 5th to neutral and the vib stopped. Then i tried to put it back in 5th and it wouldnt go . and now i only have gears 1-4 no reverse and 5th gear What the hell is going on?

• Sponsors (?)

with the car off its still the same 3rd and 4th gears are stiff and i cant get it into 5th or rev. and yes it only vibrates in 5th when i had it in there the other gears it was little vibration like the feel of ur cell phone vibrating.

XxEdgeFactorxX said:
with the car off its still the same 3rd and 4th gears are stiff and i cant get it into 5th or rev. and yes it only vibrates in 5th when i had it in there the other gears it was little vibration like the feel of ur cell phone vibrating.
could be bad tranny mounts or a outta balance drive shaft.
HISSIN50 said:
with the car off, can you get it into either of your problem gears?
what is the difference from neutral or engine off to the tranny? :shrug: :rolleyes:

When the car is off, nothing is spinning. Turning it off removes any clutch factor, and not being in motion at the time means the driveshaft isn't spinning, and therefore the transmission gears aren't spinning. Particularly in a tired transmission, it is easier to get into gear when the car is off- unless something is broken. This way you can rule out a drivetrain problem and narrow it down to the tranny, even in neutral- which you can't do when the car is rolling, and can't necessarily do when the engine is running, depending.