O2 sensor simluators???

Roadblock

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2002
VA
my rommie got these things for his ram 1500 truck, basically it's a diode that feeds the computer the correct info, regardless. i'm thinking about switching to carb but was thinking about these for my f150, any ideas comments ?

• Sponsors (?)

Roadblock said:
my rommie got these things for his ram 1500 truck, basically it's a diode that feeds the computer the correct info, regardless. i'm thinking about switching to carb but was thinking about these for my f150, any ideas comments ?
One big question - Why? The O2 sensors help the engine run at optimum A/F at cruse and idle. The Ford EEC doesn't use them on the 86-93 Mustangs at WOT.

Here's a book that will get you started with how the Ford electronic engine control or "computer" works.

Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control 1988-1993 by Charles Probst :ISBN 0-8376-0301-3.

It's about $20 from Borders.com see http://www.amazon.com/ . Select boo...very good, and I found it to be very helpful.

I agree with JRichker. I also might ask if your roomie or you has/have an OBD-II truck and the simulators are for the downstream O2 (the purpose of which is to monitor the efficiency of the emissions system, particularily the cats). OBD-II stang guys run those all the time.

I would not want to ditch the front O2's or have their response locked in. If there is an issue, fix it instead.

Good luck.

02 sims are for the downstream cats that monitor emissions efficiency. You can use them if you remove the cats to trick the computer into thinking the cats are still there and functioning correctly and the computer won't throw a CEL. I have one on another car of mine that required removal of the cats to run headers. If you want one a good place to get them is O2simulator.com.
All you need to know is whether you need a dual or single output. They are supe easy to hook up.