O2 sensor's

• Sponsors (?)

No, it probally would just make it run rich. I would suggest adjusting the throttle screw which may be too far in. If it's not that I would check the IAC (idle air controll) by removing it and checking for buildup. If it is clogged then either buy a new one or just clean it out, it will probally need a new one. But before reinstalling it, clean out the ports in the TB. Also make shure there isn't any buildup in the TB and the TPS is adjusted to .99

Ok I have a 87 gt ......replaced the whole top end New Trick Flow Intake manifold kit 65mm BBk throttle Body and Spacer Rebuilt the Fuel injectors as far as the hats and gasket's go... new IAC, all new emmisions hoses Pvc valve gromet etc. THe car start's fine Idles to 2,000 rpm's and chokes down to 1500 ...now when i unplug the Iac motor it barely changes maybe 1 to 200 rpm's...I have adjusted the Throttle body "air adjuster" ?? all the way back it can not close anymore, it is closed all the way, I unplugged the Map sensor and the car dies like it should, unplug the throttle sensor same thing, could it be the IAC all my hoses are intact and sealed of good , push the gas and it takes awhile to decelarate[4 sec.]. PLease help it is of matter of time, have to be running by Monday...I know you guys can help ... Everything is new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gungfusemaj said:
How do you adjust the tps i removed the 2 screw's and if I move it to the right it accelerates higher can niot adjust anymore to the left.
:shrug: You have to have a volt meter to adjust the tps to the proper setting. The throttle blade has to be set for the base idle first. With the engine warm disconnect the harness to the iac motor. If the base idle is set correctly it should idle @ approx. 700rpm's. If not, adjust the idle screw on the t/b to the correct rpm. Now with the engine still running, connect a volt meter. Black to groung and red to the tps signal wire. Maybe green depending on year. The other 2 wires are ground and your 5 volt reference. rotate the tps until you acheive .95 -.99 of a volt and tighten down the screws. Now plug in the iac motor and if that's functioning properly the car should idle normally. Hope this helps. You must adjust the base idle first before the tps adjustment!!! :D :nice: