Odd problem.. in need of a guru

iLkYsPoNy

if she's a tranny then... well I'd do her.... it..
I've got a 1993 2.3L with an issue. Starting about this time last year, the vehicle would run very poorly. It would buck and act like it's running on only two cylinders and the CEL would be on. It would continue to do this until the the vehicle warms up. Then the CEL would go off and it would run fine. In the early spring/late winter the timing belt broke but didn't damage anything on the engine (luckily it was at idle when it happened). Once the weather started to get warm it was fine for a while after the belt was replaced. Now within the last few months the problems have occured again with the opposite conditions.

The vehicle now runs fine until it gets warm and then it does the earlier described symptoms. I got a code reader and scanned for codes and it said was a code for the coil packs. So, instead of just replacing one of the 118k mile coils, I replaced both. Now, it will still run fine until it is warm. Once it warms up the vehicle will shake VIOLENTLY and run VERY poorly w/ a strong fuel smell. I have no idea what to do and I'm at my wits end....

ANY HELP?!

ps: i'm thinking coolant temp sensor but i'm tired of throwing parts at this thing. would the coolant temp sensor fit this description enough to warrant replacement?

• Sponsors (?)