Off road H question

89StangGT50

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2001
TX
Just got an H pipe for a 95 GT.....

Towards the back of the pipe there is a small tube that sticks out of the pipe that has an open end on it,

Does this have to be welded and sealed off to avoid an exhaust leak.

• Sponsors (?)

89StangGT50 said:
Just got an H pipe for a 95 GT.....

Towards the back of the pipe there is a small tube that sticks out of the pipe that has an open end on it,

Does this have to be welded and sealed off to avoid an exhaust leak.

When you take off your stock H-pipe, use a saws all and cut the tube about 6 inches up. Go to a Napa and get a foot of silicone heater hose, its expensive, but can handle the heat. Use two hose clamps and connect the new to the old. I have two Mustangs that way and it works great. you'll understand when you take the stock pipe out. PM me if you still don't understand.

CB

smog pump question

i just put the bbk LT'S in yesterday the peace on my h-pipe is still open it leakes a little but, the thing im worried about is the pipe that goes into the back of the intake manifold, its part of the smog system but it feels like vacume or something how do i cap that off.???????????????????????

89StangGT50 said:
So If I cut the metal tube and just plug it off, with an active smog system it wont mess anything up?
I wouldn't do that. Instead, cut the factory pipe near the weld to the factory H. Now you will want to get a thin piece of pipe that will fit over the factory pipe and over the H-pipe outlet. Put both pieces into your new center piece and use a 1/2" clamp on each end. Oddly enough, I used the end of a chromoly handlebar from an old 20" bike. Sounds awful I know but it was the best thing I have come across to date.