off-road pipe again

zo6killer2004

Jan 18, 2004
ok i have a 94 gt five oh i'm just wondering about the offroad pipe,
like is it legal? :bang: (hence off road) or if i get busted whats the fine, or have any one got a fine for these things yet? and i'm in CANADA so there difrnt laws on these things. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Offroad implies that you can't run in ON the road. Hence, yes it is illegal on the road. Now I dont know what Canada's laws are but I'd assume that regarding the catalytic converiters it would be the same. The fine down here is like, what, $1000 per cat you have missing? Something crazy like that. Its not hard to get away with, noise wise. All cars these days are loud.....pickups, bikes, ricers, stangs, camaros, rigs, etc. Just dont go revving it up and taking off quickly at a light. That's when you'll get caught. Just use common sense.

There are some states down here, like Florida :D , that dont have any emmisions testings so therefore you can have a car without any cats on it. If you have emmisions tests up there, I'd try to find a high flowing catted pipe, if you dont they just do as jmuva said, don't take off quickly at stop lights and do go around revving it at people and you should be fine.

get some cats , take the metal covers off , weld them over your off road pipe so it will look like you have them on there, thats what im doing, here in connecticut its a federal offense and you can be arrested.

It's illegal everywhere in the US, and I would certainly think so in Canada, even if there are no emissions tests. No testing just eliminates a huge chunk of your chances of getting caught. Not sure what happens if you get caught in a non-testing state or area, if the officer that catches you decides that they want to actually do anything about it.