Off-road pipe Question

• Sponsors (?)

Bassani is probably the best ... their quality is great.

I went with the UPR, significantly cheaper ... decent quality and noticeable gains on the dyno. It's a bit more straight forward with less pieces.

I purchased the MIL eliminators from UPR as well, but later sent them over to Merc123, as I disabled my 02 sensors with my Diablo Predator.

I have had Bassani and SLP. Both have excellent quality but SLP's setup is capable of adding cats later and also long tube headers.

I have the Steeda MIL eliminators the plug in type. The last ones I had you had to soder what a POS.

Z28 KILR said:
I have had Bassani and SLP. Both have excellent quality but SLP's setup is capable of adding cats later and also long tube headers.

I have the Steeda MIL eliminators the plug in type. The last ones I had you had to soder what a POS.

I also like the SLP design. Thinking about getting those...just in case I want to add cats or long tube headers later on. Also considering SLP's O2 Simulators, or maybe the ones from Steeda. Just want the best ones.

I would go with magnaflow or VRS.

I like the design of the crossover better than the bassani.

the slp is in too many pieces for my taste.

the magnaflow is a 1piece pipe. the vrs is a two piece pipe. the two piece design does make a 1 person install easier. i went vrs becasue it was $50 cheapers and no complaints here.

the vrs was $250 shipped to my door. Ithink the maganflow was going to run $300. bassani and slp are both more than that.

If ever wanted to add longtubes I would just sell my VRS and buy a new mid pipe.

I'm going to try something like this...

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=M31036&BIG=M31036-1

...Won't fit my catted magnaflow pipe, but I'll have 2 pipes made that will fit. A muffler buddy is going to saw out my two cats and make slightly longer replacement pipes swollen at the ends to slide over my current X-pipe. Bolted on with SS band clamps - won't crush the pipes and if I ever need the old cats back on, they can be welded right back in place.

hognutz said:
I would go with magnaflow or VRS.

I like the design of the crossover better than the bassani.

the slp is in too many pieces for my taste.

the magnaflow is a 1piece pipe. the vrs is a two piece pipe. the two piece design does make a 1 person install easier. i went vrs becasue it was $50 cheapers and no complaints here.

the vrs was $250 shipped to my door. Ithink the maganflow was going to run $300. bassani and slp are both more than that.

If ever wanted to add longtubes I would just sell my VRS and buy a new mid pipe.