Off The Wall

hipobuzz

Jul 22, 2007
:flag:
A couple of off-the-wall questions:
My '67 FB is starting to look a little like a car. The engine-bay crossmember went away when I installed my Randall's Rack (and Pinion). Now what do I attatch my winch to when I put the car in (and out) of my trailer? I have seen "Transport Hooks" for the rear. Was there any provision for fastening the front of a '67 Mustang while it was being shipped?
Next:
I have the "Turn Signal" hood but I don't care about watching the lights blink. Could I use the wiring for the hood lights to provide juice to the lights on my add-on instruments ( H2O temp, oil temp, oil pres)? The question is: Did the hood lights go on when the headlight/driving lights went on or did they only light when the turn signals flashed?
Thanks,
Hipobuzz

• Sponsors (?)

My '67 FB is starting to look a little like a car. The engine-bay crossmember went away when I installed my Randall's Rack (and Pinion). Now what do I attatch my winch to when I put the car in (and out) of my trailer?
Well, the cross tube was a bad idea anyway. Don't jack them, either.

I have seen "Transport Hooks" for the rear. Was there any provision for fastening the front of a '67 Mustang while it was being shipped?
Use a loop around the lower control arms.

I have the "Turn Signal" hood but I don't care about watching the lights blink.
I always thought they were kinda groovy.

Could I use the wiring for the hood lights to provide juice to the lights on my add-on instruments ( H2O temp, oil temp, oil pres)? The question is: Did the hood lights go on when the headlight/driving lights went on or did they only light when the turn signals flashed?
Only when turning. Hacking this for gauges would be more work than simply adding the wire you need for gauges.

I like the turn signal hoods for 67-68. I wish 65-66 had that option. The lights flash with the blinker.

As for strapping down the front, do what 2+2 said.