offical update on projects thread

must have pics!

hey i know a bunch of you guys have big projects goin right now i want to hear how they are goin, people i can think of off the bat:

vibrantredgt
oinkaodeoink
low5.0 (did you break your tranny yet :D )

and anyone else thats got a big expensive project goin on so i can get jealous

• Sponsors (?)

No update from me yet, though I have started REALLY looking for parts. For those that don't remember I made a big NO NO in april when going for my 11 second pass. I had ran a 12.03 and I knew the car had its 11 second run in it that day, but I tried too hard on the next two passes and missed forth gear, only on the last pass whne I missed 4th I got mad and pulled with all I had and mistakenly dropped it into 2nd gear at approx 80mph. :( The result was every exhaust valve hit every piston and thus all those valves are bent. I'm at a real crossroads now as to where I go from here. I'm DONE drag racing the car, so my personal question I have to answer is if its worth building something even wilder for a car that is going back to being 100% street driven, or just piece back together what I broke. :confused: I've been wanting to rebuild my shortblock for some time... and nows the time if I want to do it. If I rebuild it then I can throw a wilder cam in there too... and I can up the compression... and I can run a better intake... and I can...... Can you see how I'm confused now!?!?

Right now I have:

My whole interior out, because I plan on swapping to some black leather front/back seats and black carpet.

Brakes and wheels off, because im swapping to the 99+ PBR calipers with all new ceramic pads and a linelock along with painting the inside of my rims, and my fenderwells.

Transmission laying on the floor next to my workbench, because I am getting a new clutch and aluminum drive shaft and see the next reason

Heads,supercharger, etc etc off, because im pulling my engine becuase of bad compression numbers and I will be getting aluminum heads, cam(???:) rockers along wiht a rebuilt shortblock.

I also have to install my A/C back and I am getting an alarm put in(remote start, window roll up, turbo timer, all the cool stuff).

Yeah not much going on here, plus I only have like a month before I go off to college.

I've got just the stock short block sitting in the car right now. This weekend I am putting in a new trick flow stage 1 cam, new TF heads, intake, and after that the Vortech is going on. Hopefully in a week it will be up and running again. That is if I don't have too many more problems.

I've got about 20 miles on my car so far. I'll have insurance on it this weekend, so Im gonna put a few miles on it then. :D

I've got an oil leak I need to fix, and I need a high torque starter before I can really start driving it. Right now it will only start after it's been sitting for about 2-3 hours.

Tranny hasn't broke yet, but from the way 3rd is whining, I don't think it'll last long.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Right now I have:

My whole interior out, because I plan on swapping to some black leather front/back seats and black carpet.

Brakes and wheels off, because im swapping to the 99+ PBR calipers with all new ceramic pads and a linelock along with painting the inside of my rims, and my fenderwells.

Transmission laying on the floor next to my workbench, because I am getting a new clutch and aluminum drive shaft and see the next reason

Heads,supercharger, etc etc off, because im pulling my engine becuase of bad compression numbers and I will be getting aluminum heads, cam(???:) rockers along wiht a rebuilt shortblock.

I also have to install my A/C back and I am getting an alarm put in(remote start, window roll up, turbo timer, all the cool stuff).

Yeah not much going on here, plus I only have like a month before I go off to college.
must have pics of everything i should have said that in the beginning

I don't have any new pics, but here's some from a couple weeks ago
100_0664.JPG

100_0671.JPG

100_0673.JPG

100_0674.JPG

100_0676.JPG

Mike nice sleeper 302 badges lol but as loud as it sounds in the clip I don't think your fooling anybody.

Like Super I'm doing suspension stuff U/L control arms, new KYB shocks & struts, energy suspension bushings and stuff, new driver side spindle, UPR bumpsteer kit, UPR 4 bolt CC plates, and painting stuff up while its apart.

Sorry don't really have any pics only have 1 and thats of my dad helping me get a bolt off that was pissing me off

My project for awhile now is going to be saving money, completing college with atleast a BS degree in engineering, then buy a new car. I got lucky this last year in college and didnt get below a B in any of my classes, but it was very difficult to work 52+ hours a week while taking 4-5 classes and keeping up a high enough GPA to keep my scholarship... My future is more important than my car right now.

1105 said:
My project for awhile now is going to be saving money, completing college with atleast a BS degree in engineering, then buy a new car. I got lucky this last year in college and didnt get below a B in any of my classes, but it was very difficult to work 52+ hours a week while taking 4-5 classes and keeping up a high enough GPA to keep my scholarship... My future is more important than my car right now.
I'm gonna have to put the car on the back burner come august :notnice: