Official Adam95gt Pictorial Progress of Swap / Clean Up

• Sponsors (?)

looking good man, wish i could do something as extensive as that. After getting engaged and purchasing a DD, the stang will be on the back burner for a good while.

looking good man, wish i could do something as extensive as that. After getting engaged and purchasing a DD, the stang will be on the back burner for a good while.

Yea i know how that is i had 2 daily drivers for a bit... The 99 saturn and the 02 focus... But i sold the saturn so im back on track... Its hard to do this all on a waitors salory / school loans..... while paying rent and bills:notnice:

Well... Moved on to welding yesterday... alll those useless little holes.... chris was welding away all day and i was grinding the welds down... we painted over a few and you could see where it was welded and grinded... any advice on covering the bay with body filler will it hold up???

adammotor013.jpg

List of the Build:
306 block
keith black flat top pistons(hyper)
wolverine 1190 cam shaft.
10 cut crank.
Stock rods.
Arp rod bolts
TFS KPI street heads (old twisted wedge with inline valves)
3/8 intake spacer
65mm BBK TB
TFS TB elbow
24lb injectors
24lb pro m maf.
FRPP pulley set
comp magnium 1.6 rail type roller rockers
TFS Track heat manifold.
low milage stock t5
low milage ford racing clutch kit.
walbro 190 fuel pump.
all new gaskets
new starter
new rad
new rack

Exhaust:
BBK catted H
BBK shortie headers
Flowmaster 40's

Suspension:
HP blues
Sportlines

other:
New vert top.(yet to be ordered)
New heater core
MM 6 point cage.(yet to be ordered)

Clean up bay:
hide wires
Sand blast
Paint.

how much did the engine work run you, and what kind of numbers are expected?...

how much did the engine work run you, and what kind of numbers are expected?...

Was all done by me and chris except for getting the valves cut and new seals put in which was done by lorenzo's fast flowing cylinder heads in PA which was $300... I asked him what to expect from this combo because he talked these old school heads up quite a bit. he said i should hit 300rwhp easy and anywhere up to about 350 with a good tune. but i dont know if i believe that

Kind of off-topic for this stage of the build, but did you ever get that Word document about how to change a 'vert top yourself? I'm starting to think I want to install my own black cloth top because I'm too cheap (broke) to pay someone to do it. If you do, can you send it to me? That would be awesome.
[email protected]

Shame you live in Montreal, there's a guy in Southern Ontario, between Hamilton & Niagara Falls that I found will do my top install for $400 bucks. From what I've been able to gather this is a job that has to be done right! There is another shop in Stoney Creek Ont but after some checking the guy turned out to be a tad costly! He wanted $750 to install the top!

Shame you live in Montreal, there's a guy in Southern Ontario, between Hamilton & Niagara Falls that I found will do my top install for $400 bucks. From what I've been able to gather this is a job that has to be done right! There is another shop in Stoney Creek Ont but after some checking the guy turned out to be a tad costly! He wanted $750 to install the top!

$750 is good compared to down my way even if its just labor... place wanted $1250 that i went 2

Well I got the top, rear window W/Defroster, bowpads, and cables for $450 (Had them shipped to a buddy's in WV, and he drove them up when he had a load coming out of the plant I work at (hes a big rig driver) So another $400 for the install and I'm under a G-note for all! The shop doing it is very busy and I've had to wait three weeks to get in! Somebody jumped ahead of me by driving down to see him (and he assumed it was me) thats how busy the guy is. But since I can drop the car off with him and leave for several days (Im working those days anyways) thats what he's charging me! So Im happy to let someone who does this for a living do it! I doubt I have the patience for it!

Well... Moved on to welding yesterday... alll those useless little holes.... chris was welding away all day and i was grinding the welds down... we painted over a few and you could see where it was welded and grinded... any advice on covering the bay with body filler will it hold up???

I'm pretty sure it'll hold up. But, are you considering using body filler to fill the holes instead of welding? I know welding holes takes forever, but it's the right way to do it..

I'm pretty sure it'll hold up. But, are you considering using body filler to fill the holes instead of welding? I know welding holes takes forever, but it's the right way to do it..

No just so when we paint the engine bay you cant see a little bump or dimple where the welds are. still are rattle canning it. just making it look as good as possible on a budget.