Official Adam95gt Pictorial Progress of Swap / Clean Up

Just some little progress:
RSD:

Materials Needed For Vert Delete
Our back seat is smaller so you need less wood.

(2) 2' x 4' 1/4'' MDF Wood
(1) Can of Spray adhesive
(1) Pack of Arrow T50 1/4'' staples
(1) 5ft long piece of sub box carpeting (sold on a 4ft roll)
(1) Pack of 4 small L brackets
(1) Pack of short Machine Screws / Washers / Nuts
(2) Large Peices of Cardboard
(1) Roll of Tape

Tools
Standard Arrow T50 Hand Stapler
Electric Jig Saw
Drill With Bit the same size as your machine Screws
Scissors
Sharpie Marker
Standard Compass

First you cut your templates out of cardboard and trace them on to the MDF Dont have any pics of this sorry...

My grandfather actually showed me a trick he uses for flooring. Take the flat piece of cardboard and but it up against the interior panel Run the metal compass point along the panel and let the pencil trace the shape on the cardboard. Cut it out and you have a perfect template.

Trace the template on to the MDF

DSCF2043.jpg

Then you cut out the mdf
View attachment 208540

Lay the mdf flat on the carpet section
DSCF2043.jpg

Spray the side to be carpeted with the adhesive:
View attachment 208542

View attachment 208543

Pull carpet over and stretch tight

View attachment 208544

Be sure to rub the carpet flat with no wrinkles.
View attachment 208545

Flip it over and pull hard on the carpet and start to staple:
View attachment 208546

Trim off Excess
View attachment 208547

Fold in the corners neatly:
View attachment 208548

Staple Secure:
View attachment 208549

Trim Excess:
View attachment 208550

Bottom Finished:
DSCF1366.jpg

I then Drilled holes to attach the L brackets to the seat back with flat head machine screws. I attached the L brackets Then i covered it with carpet so you couldnt see them... Its been finished but i didnt take a pic of it yet. Didnt think anyone would be interested.

the 1/4'' MDF keeps it light. I used a lint roller to clean all the leaves off of it. It was just to nice to sit inside... If my g/f would come watch me do these things more often id actually make a full write up on something.

Now that i picked up a pneumatic stapler this will be so much easier. I was considering doing a coupe next.

Started on top:
DSCF2044.jpg

DSCF2045.jpg

DSCF2046.jpg

DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2048.jpg

DSCF2049.jpg

DSCF2050.jpg

DSCF2051.jpg

DSCF2052.jpg

DSCF2053.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

DSCF2055.jpg

DSCF2056.jpg

DSCF2057.jpg

DSCF2058.jpg

DSCF2059.jpg

DSCF2060.jpg

DSCF2061.jpg

DSCF2062.jpg

Windshield:
DSCF2063.jpg

DSCF2064.jpg

DSCF2065.jpg

DSCF2066.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

DSCF2068.jpg

DSCF2069.jpg

DSCF2070.jpg

DSCF2071.jpg

DSCF2072.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

DSCF2081.jpg

DSCF2079.jpg

Hurt the dash :(
DSCF2080.jpg

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2084.jpg

Oh well ill find a new dash in time

• Sponsors (?)

Today chris fixed his leaky trans pan:
103_4565.jpg

I cleaned out some of the random car parts around to list forsale:
103_4552.jpg

We loaded up the truck and went to the scrap yard.

103_4568.jpg

Got back and finished removing the glass and wirewheeling off the old urethane This is something i dont want to have to do a second time.
103_4570.jpg

103_4572.jpg

103_4573.jpg

103_4575.jpg

103_4574.jpg

Today sucked... Cell phone broke... Ended up being a broken digitizer. Only an $8 part. Should have it up and running soon. Everything i own is a project lol

DSCF2151.jpg

You can see the gel leak between the touch screen pieces.

DSCF2157.jpg
:bs:

The convertible top tacking strip arrived today a local shop wanted $45 for 2 feet.... What a dick..

http://www.convertibletopguys.com/home

is amazing... called them up they said they would sell me 2 ft for $4. Great people there.

awesome work

Thanks!

Picked this up today and im trying to get what i payed for it back out of it.

DSCF7086.jpg

Fingernail sized scrape where airbag goes:
DSCF7087.jpg

It has a small spot where there was something glued to the dash. Its about the same condition that mine was in. So i dont think its worth the labor. :(:nonono:

I also went to my local paint supplier and bought the self etching i needed for around my windshield. So i have everything to finish that.

Here is a few pics chris found on his camera from doing the MC:
View attachment 207981
View attachment 207982

Awesome work man, I can't believe all the work you've done. I'll have to look at my dash on thursday when I get a chance, if you're parting out that dash I may need to buy the vents off you if you're selling them. I know mine are pushed into the dash and something is broken, I'm just not sure what.

Awesome work man, I can't believe all the work you've done. I'll have to look at my dash on thursday when I get a chance, if you're parting out that dash I may need to buy the vents off you if you're selling them. I know mine are pushed into the dash and something is broken, I'm just not sure what.

Sure thing. Im only asking for $120 for the whole dash :shrug:

Done a few things lately. Since there was some oddities with my datalogs i started trying to trace a possible miss fire:
DSCF4600.jpg

Plugs look good:
DSCF4599.jpg

DSCF4598.jpg

Compression was 140 give or take 2 or 4 across the board.
DSCF4601.jpg

Since chris is going IRS in his cobra he was kind enough to donate me his rear and 3.73's
DSCF4593.jpg

He started putting it back together for me. Along with slowly welding the tubes.
DSCF4602.jpg

Also drilled out the rivits for the front tacking strips for the Vert top Pads:
DSCF4594.jpg

pic of the dash:
DSCF4587.jpg

DSCF4588.jpg

DSCF4590.jpg

DSCF4591.jpg

Thats it for today. More on Wed. :shrug::nice:

I think its funny how this all started as you just wanting to clean up the engine bay and now its like a complete overhaul. I hope you keep this thing your whole life because its becoming a really nice car.

Pretty much what mine has turned into as well. The more it I look at the more I go "yup gotta fix that too"

I just need to stop being lazy and get moving on it. The looking for a house is holdong me up too. I don't wanna tear it apart and have to move a 1000 pieces when I find a place

What headlights do you have? I've been thumbing through dozens of posts, and it's starting to make my head spin. I want the ultra clear heads/sides like you have, but have no idea where to start (for fear of getting a crappy fit, not sealed lens, etc)..

Oh, and I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere, either in this post or another, but with 40+ pages (that I've read twice btw) I got a little side-tracked with this amazing build. :nice: :nice: 2 thumbs up

What headlights do you have? I've been thumbing through dozens of posts, and it's starting to make my head spin. I want the ultra clear heads/sides like you have, but have no idea where to start (for fear of getting a crappy fit, not sealed lens, etc)..

Oh, and I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere, either in this post or another, but with 40+ pages (that I've read twice btw) I got a little side-tracked with this amazing build. :nice: :nice: 2 thumbs up

Hmmm think they were cheap ebay ones... There is a few different kinds. you need to look for the full open ones. Not ones like these.
images

That being said... my corners are leaking already:rlaugh:

Ya know the sad part like 90% of us old original guys cars have been down for months/years lol for some reason or another. Aaron's, Adam's, Mine, Chris' is down right now I assume beings he's changing turbos again. The other 10% upgraded to newer stangs ha ha.

I'm glad I found the 96. Got to drive it today it was nice.

Anyway Adam how's the glass going so far?