Official Adam95gt Pictorial Progress of Swap / Clean Up

See.

TittyCookies.jpg

Titty Cookies.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

Well put in some more time on the car today... No need to explain more un-stapling and re-stapling.... It looks like a car again...
DSCF0881-1.jpg

DSCF0882-1.jpg

DSCF0883-1.jpg

DSCF0884-1.jpg

DSCF0886-1.jpg

DSCF0887-1.jpg

DSCF0888-1.jpg

DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

DSCF0892.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg

Here is also a little start up and walk around video... Wanted to make sure it was still running proper so i pulled it out and warmed it up... Its still too loud for me..
DSCF0885-1.mp4 video by blindfoldedhope - Photobucket

Your basically gonna keep seeing the same old crap untill this top is done (fix one wrinkle and another shows up) so ill go easy on pics tomorrow, but its getting closer and closer to looking good. The pics make the wrinkles look alot worse then they are.

New pics:
DSCF0896.jpg

DSCF0897.jpg

DSCF0898.jpg

Chalk is Awesome, not only can you eat it for heart burn relief but you can use it to draw too!:
DSCF0899.jpg

DSCF0900-1.jpg

DSCF0901-1.jpg

getting closer:

DSCF0902-1.jpg

DSCF0903-1.jpg

DSCF0904-1.jpg

DSCF0905-1.jpg

Win????:
DSCF0906-1.jpg

DSCF0907-1.jpg

DSCF0908-1.jpg

DSCF0909-1.jpg

Window is slightly too low... top stretched a little:
DSCF0910-1.jpg

Seals:
DSCF0911-1.jpg

DSCF0912-1.jpg

DSCF0913-1.jpg

Car:
DSCF0914-1.jpg

DSCF0915-1.jpg

DSCF0916.jpg

DSCF0918-1.jpg

I dont think i did too bad for my first try...
Cost:
$125 for top, window, cables, pads
$5 for new tacking strip
$25 Staple run
$8 contact cement
$9 Staples (4,8,10mm)
$20 DVD

Total: $192 Much better then the $1100 i was quoted. Im satisfied with it besides the small slit we put in it.

Damn, is everything more expensive up north? I can get it done between 4-600 bucks all day long here. I guess that's why I figured you'd have it done, but hell at 1100 bucks I'd learn to do it myself as well!!

Good job.

top looks good. You got a real good deal on the new top. My total was $505 when I did mine myself but I went with a cloth top. Still saved me quite a bit compared to having it done.

Damn, is everything more expensive up north? I can get it done between 4-600 bucks all day long here. I guess that's why I figured you'd have it done, but hell at 1100 bucks I'd learn to do it myself as well!!

Good job.

Pretty much. You learn what a FL income is worth when you leave the state.

Kurt

I think it scales pretty much. If a man makes 20 bucks an hour in a big city his rent will probably be 2 grand a month or more! Lower pay rates usually mean lower price of living in the surrounding areas.

I think it scales pretty much. If a man makes 20 bucks an hour in a big city his rent will probably be 2 grand a month or more! Lower pay rates usually mean lower price of living in the surrounding areas.

That's very true, but there are somethings on a National scale. When you buy a set of control arms from Summit, they are the same price no matter where you live.

Kurt

Yea... Thats about right the DC area is expensive... Im left with 0 dollars to put toward the car so im trying to make due with what i have.

Did a little bit of work getting the interior back together. I need 2 rear speakers im gonna look on craigslist and see if i can get a cheap set my stock ones are blown.

Installed the rear seat delete. I dont think it turned out bad for the $15ish i spent on it.
DSCF0971.jpg

I wanted to put it in a way i could pull it out quickly if i wanted it out.
DSCF0979.jpg

Still need to get some of the cat hair off the seats.
DSCF0976.jpg

The car has now moved places since chris needed the room at his garage. Its at my parents house... only problem is my tools are still up at chris' garage.

My g/f wanted to sit in the car. So i allowed it.
DSCF0972.jpg

I drove the car a lap around the block.. im still getting some small back fire the tune needs work. The car still appears to be running lean on the gauge but smells rich. You might be able to hear it backfire in this small video.
http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/blindfoldedhope/?action=view&current=DSCF0984.mp4

Head unit in:
DSCF0019.jpg

Mounted my soon to be switch and ECU/Wideband Connection panel. I dont think it turned out to bad for cutting it with a dremmel out of sheet metal. ( i might paint it black i still havent decided, right now its sanded in a uniform direction and clear coated.)
DSCF0020.jpg