Official GT40P headed 300rwhp thread!!!

i had plans to get a set of alum trick flow heads but the more i read up about the p's the more i like.

if i get a set for cheap and have them milled down to raise compression a bit what kind of power could i make without porting

• Sponsors (?)

grrrrrrr said:
Will my mac headers bolt up to the P's? I seem to remember header issues with one of the gt40's... am I wrong?

non GT40P specific shorties will not fit without headaches.... from my understanding, you would need to unbolt the header to change plug.. :(... but MAC does make GT40P specific shorties, or you can use the LT's without any problems...

I ran GT40p heads with BBK shorties.

Make a dimple for #7 plug and a fiberglass boot protector or your #7 spark plug boot or it will melt.

To change the plugs you need to remove the header to head bolts and pry the header away from the head to pull the plugs on the left side only. It adds 15 or 20 minutes to the job.

on my engine, i dont even have to unbolt anything, because i took my grinder to the plug socket...then i use a wrench to turn the socket...works great! also, all i did was crimp a dist. end boot on my #7 plug and i dident need to touch the header or anything

25thmustang said:
My dad should have a 300 rwhp GT-40P combo soon. Once it hits the dyno that is. The car was put together at midnight, loaded up, not being able to idle or anything. Get it to the track, and tune it in the pits for a few mins and although it ran a crappy time, he got 112 mph out of it, and I believe it went 88 or 89 in the 1/8th. The car with about 285 rwhp only ran 110 mph even in cold air, this time it went 112 with a head wind (the other 109-110 mph cars were only trapping 108-109 tops) and poor air! Now it might not be 300 rwhp, but for a set of unported GT-40Ps, stock cam, and bolt ons, the car moves!

Can you PM me about his exact setup. I'm looking for 300rwhp myself.

My stock H is corking up some HP and I've swapped to 1.7 rockers from the 1.6s in the dyno, but I have hit 277RWHP/330RWTQ with Troy's old F/S GT40P heads, stock 88 cam and what's in my signature. New dyno to come within ~ a month I think. I'm having issues with the rocker supplier - forgot the c-clips on the trunions and has been REAL slow in delivering them.

JimBowy said:
Why aren't you guys using aftermarket cams? Wont something like 1.6s and E-cam give you more power throughout?

I'm using a Custom cam with lift near .600"... yeah pretty extreme, but the car idles fine, doesn't stall, and has great road manners so far... I'll be done with my base tunes with the Tweecer RT in the next week, so stay tuned for my dyno numbers in the next few weeks... :)

ok i have th gt40p heads and realized the header/spark plug clearance issue when installing them. What shortie headers will work in the sn95? I have not found any sn95 specific 40p headers. Will fox body headers work in the sn95?

I'm not necessarily shooting for 300 hp but I'm shooting for 11s with Thumper ported gt40's and a CI Cam. I should have everything ready to go in about 2 weeks. I'll make sure I let you guys know how it did.

what bottom end are you using? i dont know about 11's on motor. you would have to have a sub 1.5 60' and about 113 mph to go 11's. i think im going the ported route also but still undecided. im thinking about putting them on a windosr and swapping to an auto within the next year. aluminum has to be at least 40lbs off the front. im setting the car up for drag racing so that might be the determining factor on which heads i use.

If I can use "non-P" GT40's, count me in. I'll be using a stock cam and Explorer intake, so I my come up a little short on HP. I have just finished porting the heads and will work on the intake, after I find out how much needs to be taken off the heads to get some decent compression. Any ideas?

Mine is a DD (summer) and I want to use all Ford parts to do it. It IS fun to have a goal!

i found a deal on some regular gt40s. im trading a 351c block for a late 80s 5.0 block and i wanna stroke the block to 331 cubes. i plan on porting those gt40s and bolting them on top of the engine. i already have a typoon upper and lower. not sure on the size injectors or camshaft yet but should be able to hopefully reach the 300 rwhp mark i would think. im shooting for low low 12s with that engine and 11s with some nitrous. i dunno yet i still got a lot of homework to do before that plan comes reality. any suggestions would be fantastic