Official Hardtack Progress Thread.

• Sponsors (?)

lol. never heard of a pro squash player lol.

but yeah, cubans are generally fun to hang around with. not all cubans tho. the ones who got here recently are extremely annoying and i cant stand em, and then they go and buy v6 mustang and rice it out or get money from mommy and daddy and buy a gto and put NOS on it. pathetic. oh well. thats what separates the cubans from the refs. but w.e

lol. never heard of a pro squash player lol.

but yeah, cubans are generally fun to hang around with. not all cubans tho. the ones who got here recently are extremely annoying and i cant stand em, and then they go and buy v6 mustang and rice it out or get money from mommy and daddy and buy a gto and put NOS on it. pathetic. oh well. thats what separates the cubans from the refs. but w.e
how is that just cubans? you have just described damn near every suburban 16 year old in the country.

how is that just cubans? you have just described damn near every suburban 16 year old in the country.
:stupid:

Congrats Mike :cheers:
Im liking that car more and more, cant wait to see the finnished project. What kind of time frame do you expect to finish it?

Thanks laser, cant wait to see it finished myself. i still have to find a place that sells body panels for it and wont charge me $160 for shipping. :notnice:

Hopefully i can get the car running on its own by this saturday. apperantly the fuel pump is pumping enough gas. maybe the line is clogged :shrug:. and my time frame.....for it to be completely finished....never....a mustang is never finished :D but till its on the street, give or take a year.

UPDATE: wwoooooo!!!! My Rear leaf springs came in. instead of 4 leafs, its 5 and it rated 195 lbs. oh also came with my weather stripping and when i got back from school, i spotted a big box with the word "HEDMAN" on it. lol finally got my longtubes. ill post up pics tomorrow.

lol not putting anything on until the car is in good streetable driving conditions. and before the headers go on, im gonna paint them with high heat paint in GOLD!!!!

lmao j/k black for me. but yeah, the paint it came with was chipped off in some parts. LOUSY PACKING!!!:fuss:nah, it was packed decently.

well, i need to clean up the engine and paint it. the valve covers that it has are the original ones and still have the original paint in PERFECT conditions, with the factory O-K in yellow. its just full of dirt and all that.

yes i know. im doing my research on the body work and paint and all the things im gonna need and how much money i have to work with everything. basically setting my budget for now. i gotta save up alot of money. i mean ALOT.

Here you go. pics and video.

water pump
SNC12010.jpg

master cylinder
SNC12011.jpg

weather stripping for trunk lid
SNC12012.jpg

hedman longtubes
SNC12013.jpg

grab-a-trac rear perf. 5 leaf springs.
SNC12015.jpg

video of hardtack running. i have a lack of exhaust piping. bare with me here lol.
(uploading as we speak)

Dont set a budget, you will go over. I started my project saying Im only getting want I NEED, now Im getting stuff that I WANT to do so I can do it once and forget about it. lol So are you still gonna go with the stock resto or are you gonna restomod it?

BAD BAD BAD news.

checked the compression. right off the bat, when i saw oil on the plugs i knew it was a bad sign. then i checked the compression...........i should have about 120 psi or a little more. the first piston was fine.....2nd one had oil on the plug and comp. was at 60. checked several times. all the same. DAMN!!!!!!!!! :mad:

im buying the engine rebuild kit and for 20 more buck i can include a hi po cam. its pretty good. saw the specs. seems perfect for what i want. but yeah, ill keep u guys updated on this. sucks ass. oh and labor is 600 bucks. parts are 500. 1100 in total. :(