Official Hardtack Progress Thread.

• Sponsors (?)

+1

and besides, all of u should know im not a fan of engine swaps and nitrous. and especially a 351c. for DD purposes, i have the '93 LX. full tank lasts me about 2 1/2 weeks. seems decent enough for me. im on my 2nd week and i have a 1/4 tank left.

IMO, now that you discovered this, i think it would be a waste for you to sink money into the engine now. You need so much body work and stuff, i'd pull the engine, put it to the side and strip the car to nothing and use the money to have it mediablasted so you know all the panels that need to be replaced.

sorry, i rather have a car that runs like it should than have a beautiful car running like ****. I go for mechanical things before looks. its more important. im gonna have enough left over for the panels that i need. then im going to have to save up for the body work and im done. oh and i might have to buy a new clutch while im at it. but w/e i might be getting a 2nd job and inmy current job i might get more hours. i think thatll give me some good income for the car.

Mike they have a great point. You know the car needs alot of rust attention. You will have to pull the motor and drop the transmition for the rebuild, may as well do the rest and strip it down and have it blasted so its not just a slap together job. We all watch Power Block and Overhaulin so you have seen what can be hidden and see the difference between a pretty nice car and something that makes others :drool:
The car has the capability to be something really special then another old beat up Stang with a nice engine :shrug:

Mike they have a great point. You know the car needs alot of rust attention. You will have to pull the motor and drop the transmition for the rebuild, may as well do the rest and strip it down and have it blasted so its not just a slap together job. We all watch Power Block and Overhaulin so you have seen what can be hidden and see the difference between a pretty nice car and something that makes others :drool:
The car has the capability to be something really special then another old beat up Stang with a nice engine :shrug:

Agreed :nice:

yeah i get you guys. but even if i were to do the body, i dont have enough to do it. My plans for it was to get the panels that i need which i can afford, rebuild the engine and keep it out until i clean up the whole car (engine bay, body work, rust attention, etc.) My friend has a cherry picker and an engine lift that he is willing to lend me. so thats a good thing. at least i can clean EVERYTHING up at once.

I'm with Mike on this one. I'd rather have a running, driving "work in progress" that I can still take out and play with every now n' then while I'm in the process of building it back up. Plus, people can see how it looks before and after as you gradually do it up, and they tend to appreciate how much effort you put into it, as opposed to someone going "Here's a pic of when I first got it, and here's how it sits now after hiding in my garage for the past 5 years." I like to actually enjoy the fruits of my labor WHILE I'm still laboring away at it. I'm weird like that, too, I guess. :shrug:

:D:D:D:D:D

Im proud to present my biggest update yet.

ENGINE KIT ARRIVED!!!! with a bigger cam.

Specs:

cam lift, int. .281 exh. .296
valve lift, int. .486 exh. .512
Lobe Ctr, int. .106 exh. .118
Duration, int. 282 exh. 292

and PICTURES!!!!!!!!
SNC12019.jpg

SNC12020.jpg

SNC12021.jpg

idk yet. this weekend im gona decide what im gonna do. well, this weekend the brakes are going on. but as for the engine, im debating whether to send it to a shop or do it at home. my friends dad built an 11 sec GS. so im sure he knows what hes doing. ill talk to him and see if he can help out. ill pay him if i have to. the engine shop wants to charge 600 for labor with the engine out. cant be spending so much money if i ant to fix the body also

I agree with getting the car running and driving and mechanically sound before doing the body. Im gettin my car running and driving before i do any body work at all. Looks like your getting some good progress going. Im gonna be building my engine this weekend!

Ive already done the ****ty body/awesome engine theory, and it sucks yeah its fast and cool but you can feel the car not being %100 solid and it just made me worry alot, I would worry if I would even make it to work and back and sitting in traffic, it sucked!! If you were on top of it, you could get the body done in a couple weeks, and believe you me, you will feel alot more safe, no need to try and kill yourself bud..

lol im not that stupid. i know that its unsafe. Im not gonna drive the car until its completely done. its gonna be a weekend car. I have my DD. Besides, body work is allloottttt of money that i dont have. i have the money from the insurance which will cover m whole engine and some spare cash that will buy my body panels. Im saving up little by little to get the body and frame work done. sucks that i have to spend so much but hey, its worth it.