OFFICIAL: How many miles are on your 94-95 Mustang?

How many miles are on your 94-95 Mustang?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been looking at a new car lately and I cant help but notice so many high mileage late model cars. I mean, ive seen plenty of like 04 and later cars with around 100k miles on them. I have 122k on my car, and I bought it with 88k. When I first came to school I had 111k miles on it, so in 2.5 years I have put 13k miles on my car. How about you guys?

• Sponsors (?)

Got mine back in 99 with 25k on it. Put about 30k more from 99-02, then got a job that required a long commute, plus dated a girl that lived about 65 miles away, so I ended up putting 40k miles on it in 10 months and the engine died. It's basically been a garage queen/weekend only car since I blew the old engine at 99k miles. It's up to about 104k now.

These motors live long when properly cared for.

Here's a shot of the #4 cylinder from a ~150k bone stock motor from this weekend's HCI job... still has crosshatch and no ridge at the top of the cylinder.

2220222709_782c3276f1.jpg

Attachments

• 2220222709_782c3276f1.jpg
    2220222709_782c3276f1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 131
Im gonna say mine has 225+ on it... It realy has like 223K+ but was stilol running great b4 i decided to start pulling it apart for my 306... the only things that were ever changed on my car was 1 cluth and regular matinance :D

Ive been looking at a new car lately and I cant help but notice so many high mileage late model cars. I mean, ive seen plenty of like 04 and later cars with around 100k miles on them. I have 122k on my car, and I bought it with 88k. When I first came to school I had 111k miles on it, so in 2.5 years I have put 13k miles on my car. How about you guys?

To me that's a good sign that people are driving these cars and not :taco:ing around with them. Drive it 'til the wheels fall off. Don't lockem up in the garage and pamper them.:nice:

I have over 127K miles on mine and it sat for about 4 years before being put back on the road. I was out of my warranty in less than 9 months. I believe in driving my cars.

Note: the avg miles driven per year, per State Farm Ins., is 15K. This would be 180-195K miles for our cars.

mine had 58k when I bought it in 99. My speedo is WAY off due to adding 3.73 gears and the speedo gear being for 2.73's. The ODO reads like 140-150k or so and it really has prob. 120-130k on the car.

The motor has about 4-6k on it.

I just passed 143K yesterday. Bought it with 135K or so a year ago. Like others have said, I bought it to drive, not let it sit around. Miles dont mean anything as long as the cars maintained. Not to mention I dont beat on it, cant speak for the owner before me but the previous owner was a woman and when I got it it still had the stock exhaust and air silencer... so Im assuming shes had a pretty easy life. When I rebuilt my 88 with 150K on it, the cylinders still had cross hatch and no ridge. Put another 35 on it over three years and never had a problem. Body was showing its age thanks to the previous owner painting over rust to make the sale. Guess I shouldve taken a closer look but it was my first stang in 3 years so I was close minded. Just wanted it. For the price I paid though I got my moneys worth. I sure do miss that 5 speed though...:nonono:

My car had 120K on it in 01 when I got it.

It's right at 160k now. Not actual though. Too many gear changes :D

I just bought a 95 Cobra for a parts car with 85K on it. So my car is getting a 85K freshen up :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.