Official Tremec 3650 Issues Thread

• Sponsors (?)

i finally got my car back today :nice: ...ford did a tranny overhaul so i have lots of new parts and THEY FEEL GREAT.....the only thing is i have to get the 2nd to the 3rd shift loosened(new, tight gate)...Either way, i am totally happy and glad that i was able to get my tranny fixed. i feel like i have a brand new car all over again :D I can shift into every gear now and i know that there wont be a grind. :D :D :D

I will post a pic of what they did later on(invoice).

Here's everything that was done :D
trannywork.jpg

Attachments

• trannywork.jpg
    trannywork.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 87
Li-svt

I have had the TSB done for over a year. I think I was the 3rd or 4th to get it done on this site. It is a major improvement, I'd say about 90% better. (One thing to note, I do not drive my car in the winter. First snow storm it goes in the garage until spring. So I don't have many cold weather miles.)

Thanks for the reply

Cold is a relative thing. I get the 1-2 grind when temps are below 50F. Now on those January mornings with 5F temps... :bang:

So from what you said the "fix" sounds like it is an improvement.

For those of you who are getting these repairs, are you removing your aftermarket shifter before going in? I'm just thinking of some pathetic reason they might have for the grinds.

I may not be aware of it, by my 04 GT has 8400 highway (easy, no racing) miles on it and I don't notice any resistance or clunks. I installed a Pro 5.0 at 4,000 miles.

Should I go into the dealership and have them look it over or wait until my 36K/3yr is almost up???? :shrug:

git-it-83 said:
For those of you who are getting these repairs, are you removing your aftermarket shifter before going in? I'm just thinking of some pathetic reason they might have for the grinds.

I may not be aware of it, by my 04 GT has 8400 highway (easy, no racing) miles on it and I don't notice any resistance or clunks. I installed a Pro 5.0 at 4,000 miles.

Should I go into the dealership and have them look it over or wait until my 36K/3yr is almost up???? :shrug:
i left my shifter on, but i made sure i asked the tech if they have a policy against them first....

git-it-83 said:

They are saying the 04s are not a part of the TSB ...

Well, I don't have a 3650, but I have had MAJOR probs with my T-56 in my cobra. Its been in the shop now for a month and a half waiting on 1-2 sycro. Ford PROMSED the parts would be in the 19th to fix it... Still sitting there.. no parts. The dealership didnt even give me a loaner. ... ? wtf? I only actually drove the car a month sinc ethe last time it was in the shop. It sat there last time for a month too waiting on the clutch... getting REALLY aggrivating.

git-it-83 said:
Sweet, the TSB directly avoids the 2004 year model. Since I'm either too dense to notice the fault in my tranny or it works fine, I am going to avoid having my car in the shop!
i took mine in and showed the tech that my car would grind (i engaged the clutch and went from 2nd to 3rd quickly and it would grind)...they told me that they would fix it and they did. i never mentioned one word about a tsb and going by the posts i have read on here, the people who mentioned the tsb had a problem getting their car fixed

dsg_gt2004 said:
i took mine in and showed the tech that my car would grind (i engaged the clutch and went from 2nd to 3rd quickly and it would grind)...they told me that they would fix it and they did. i never mentioned one word about a tsb and going by the posts i have read on here, the people who mentioned the tsb had a problem getting their car fixed

Duly noted....I called my dealer today (I graduated with the shop foreman) and he said the aftermarket shifter was not big deal. I am not that aware, but today when I leave work, I'm going to grab gears and feel the Pro 5.0 for any resistance. The 3 to 4 shift is always nice--should they all feel that nice? If 3 to 4 is how they should all feel, then I think my 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 are a bit out of whack. Oh, and I would get a loaner if they did any work.... :nice:

git-it-83 said:
Duly noted....I called my dealer today (I graduated with the shop foreman) and he said the aftermarket shifter was not big deal. I am not that aware, but today when I leave work, I'm going to grab gears and feel the Pro 5.0 for any resistance. The 3 to 4 shift is always nice--should they all feel that nice? If 3 to 4 is how they should all feel, then I think my 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 are a bit out of whack. Oh, and I would get a loaner if they did any work.... :nice:
when i first took it in, i didnt get a loaner(it was scheduled to take 2 or 3 days) but they ended up having to order a lot more parts and they gave me a loaner then. So it really depends on how long it will take.(ask then about one though)

git-it-83 said:

Well, I left work today and everything felt pretty darn smooth. Guess I'm going to have to wait for a failure and pray it comes before 36K/3yrs.

On another hand, I drove a friends 2004 Cobra....fun ride! hard to crawl back in the GT....