Official Weight Lowering Thread! Revisit

• Sponsors (?)

I still have to drive my car everyday so idk about some of the things your guys are talking about. for me atleast its better to K.I.S.S ( keep it simple stupid). Racing seats, carbon fiber hood, alum heads, and i found a aftermarket starter thats VERY light (ill try and find the website link if anyone wants.) if your racing go ahead to trash your rear seat but if your thats just a lil much in my opinion. just sayin

I still have to drive my car everyday so idk about some of the things your guys are talking about. for me atleast its better to K.I.S.S ( keep it simple stupid). Racing seats, carbon fiber hood, alum heads, and i found a aftermarket starter thats VERY light (ill try and find the website link if anyone wants.) if your racing go ahead to trash your rear seat but if your thats just a lil much in my opinion. just sayin

i dont have friends and if they did they wouldnt fit back there:shrug:

I sit in the backseat of Mustangs all the time. I'm a little taller than 4ft too. You just have to slouch, and turn your head slightly sideways. I don't think taking out the back seat is that much weight savings if you end up putting something in there to replace it. The bottom cushion weighs almost nothing, and the backs don't weigh that much more.

Kurt

Rear seat back = 28lb
Rear seat cushion = 12lb
Rear seat headrest = 3lb

Total = 43lb

My custom rear seat delete= 13lb

Weight saving = 30lb

RSDELETE.jpg

As you can see, there's more legroom in the rear so you don't have to be a midget to be able to sit there anymore.