Offroad H-pipe people in here...

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by Steve2kGT, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Steve2kGT

Steve2kGT Founding Member

Anyone go from having an aftermarket catback (whatever brand) with an aftermarket h-pipe with cats, then switch to an offroad H?

If so, what was the sound difference between the two setups? DId you like the difference?

I have Mac Catback with Mac catted h-pipe right now. Not as loud as I thought it would be. I'll have to say, my 2002 GT with just Mac catback and stock H was a lot louder. :shrug:

Never did here it with the stock h-pipe, but considering going offroad H maybe even Prochamber...

just wanted to know if it is worth it sound wise. I like setting off car alarms :D

2. BadMoFo

BadMoFo I will sleep with a Mod for a CT Founding Member

there is a huge difference. I went from the mac cat back to bbk long tubes with o/r h pipe and it is much louder. I get alot of :nice: I had a o/r h pipe on my 00 gt and it sounded great, I will never go back to a catted h pipe.

3. sinisterblack98

sinisterblack98 Sometimes I just lay on my garage floor and look u Founding Member

I can't believe the stock H sounded louder than the aftermarket, something might be wrong with it.

On my GT I had a Bassani X w/ cats and switched to a BBK O/R. BIG difference in sound, felt like I lost a little torque (picked up .15 ET though), but worth it for the sound alone.

4. KU Cobra

KU Cobra Founding Member

O/r H

I have a Mac Catback and Mac O/R H on and it is loud as hell and sounds Great! Gets a lot of head turns. Ditch the Prochamber and just get the 120 dollar economy O/R pipe!
    KU Cobra

5. ineedacobra

ineedacobra New Member

I had a BBK O/R H-Pipe on my 1996 Cobra, but I didn't like it so I went back to stock. So if you are looking for a pipe send me a pm. It is basically new and has been welded at the crossover.

6. shane361

shane361 New Member

Not sure of the difference as I have only had this car with these mods. But I set my Explorer alarm off from time to time with no cat, BBK offroad h-pipe and 2 chamber flowmaster exhausts with 4:10 gears. Truely love the sound-shane

7. doogz

doogz Founding Member

I have the BBK offroad H-pipe + two chamber flowmaster with turndowns. Sounds like it should! Once I stop being so lazy and put the l/t's on... ooh it's gonna sound sweet!

8. Steve2kGT

Steve2kGT Founding Member

KU Cobra:

Do you have any sound clips of your car? I'm more than likely going to go with the offroad H, and at $129 or whatever it is, even if I don't like it, it's not that much. I will still have to swap it out anyways with my stock one when I do my emissions. I will probably have some cat shells welded onto it just so it "looks" legit in case I get pulled over.

9. Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony Founding Member

I have a vid of my ex-'96 Cobra with BBK o/r H-pipe and 2-chamber Flows on Apex's dyno that I can send.

10. Venom4.6

Venom4.6 Founding Member

O/R vs. catted is night and day when it comes to sound and performance. Go for it. You won't regret it.

11. 95riosnake

95riosnake Member

I have the BBK O/R H Pipe with Borla Side exhaust, its definitely loud. Sometimes you get a crackle between shifts or when letting the engine hold back. Sounds very cool.