Offset upper ball joints

• Sponsors (?)

This is one way I did it. Gives the car more caster without yankin on the lower arm.

offsetdruca1.jpg

LOL - been there . When I got the orange coup, the UCA's were way of center. I bet the drivers side was off by over 1/4".

80% of the arms I take apart have the shaft off set to one side or the other. I just did a set that were off a full 1/4". Taking the time to center the shaft in the arm makes the alignment go a lot better.

You can use that issue to your advantage. I have made up several sets of stock shaft arms that are offset. You end up with a right and left side arm.

Here is the back side of that arm.

offsetdruca2.jpg

yeah, i've decided that i'll eventually pull them off and swap sides with them. that way i should be in the ballpark for a better alignment. i'll make sure they are actually offset a little better but i don't want to have to mess with the shafts too much, don't want to screw up the threads on the shaft or the arm

You can move the shaft from side to side by removing the two long bolts and spin the shaft. The shaft has right hand threads on both sides so it will spin and as it spins it moves. No need to remove the big nuts from the arm.