Oh, If I Only Had An Extra 5 Or 6 Grand Laying Around..

91 Would be a good one.

I have to look and see what all the differences are for the airbag and clock-spring etc., between the years. jrichker likely has that info on-hand somewhere.

The 91-93 wire colors are different for some of the wires. My source for the wiring diagrams has been www.veryuseful.com.

I have an 89 Mustang 5.0 harness that was removed from a working car before some Florida Bozo sideswiped me and totaled the car.

• Sponsors (?)

The 91-93 wire colors are different for some of the wires. My source for the wiring diagrams has been www.veryuseful.com.

I have an 89 Mustang 5.0 harness that was removed from a working car before some Florida Bozo sideswiped me and totaled the car.

That might be a good one too. The 89 was the last year before air-bags I think.

I believe that I saw an ad somewhere to a company was making replacement 5.0 Mustang harnesses. I need to retrace my steps and see if that is correct.

I believe that I saw an ad somewhere to a company was making replacement 5.0 Mustang harnesses. I need to retrace my steps and see if that is correct.

I've seen one or two those myself and remember them being very expensive. My initial plan is to see what a complete set of connectors would go for then figure out how much time and materials is necessary to build them.

I figured that once I got a template board laid out, it should go pretty quickly:
lx_wire_harness-500.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
It isn't a damn pushrod engine causing it.

I'm sorry but I have to go on record saying this is quite possibly the most ignorant assed quote in this thread yet. There are a few close runner ups, like the one about the life of the car and how it was treated..(my car was a garage kept 78k mile car when I bought it.. it now has 81k)

Did I not make it clear enough that it's the engine management system and components therin that suck turtle ass???? I'm pretty sure I made that clear from the get go.

I did drive my car fron the east coast to texas when I bought it.. where it stayed in my garage and decided to break and puke one component at a time from then on.. I'm sorry, 25-30 year old eec-iv's suck pond water... POND WATER!!!!

I'm sorry but I have to go on record saying this is quite possibly the most ignorant assed quote in this thread yet. There are a few close runner ups, like the one about the life of the car and how it was treated..(my car was a garage kept 78k mile car when I bought it.. it now has 81k)

Did I not make it clear enough that it's the engine management system and components therin that suck turtle ass???? I'm pretty sure I made that clear from the get go.

I did drive my car fron the east coast to texas when I bought it.. where it stayed in my garage and decided to break and puke one component at a time from then on.. I'm sorry, 25-30 year old eec-iv's suck pond water... POND WATER!!!!

Sooooo that's a "yes" on the harness then. check
upload_2016-12-27_19-8-35.png

Reactions: 3 users
The stoopid is strong in here...
No,..Let's call a spade a spade.

You did in fact make reference to "Pushrod".
Nothing else in the engine management, wiring, suspension, brake systems, paint, body, wheels, tires,..or interior has a..........pushrod.

That said, I'd guess it'd be fair to assume then that you were referring to the engine as being the weak link. Couple that to the picture that you posted of all the other non-pushrod engines, and what you'd do if you had 5-6 grand (I'm also assuming that you would replace said push rod engine w/ one of the non-pushrod engines based on the title of the thread)

Cause nowhere does it say:

If I only had 5-6 grand laying around,..I'd replace all of the old assed crap that will break first so that I can't blame it on the push rod engine ;)

Reactions: 3 users

Pray tell what engine management system that engine uses? Would it be the new hardware out of a 2016, or a brand new frpp control pack, or would it be the ancient broken down junk that came with that pushrod motor when it was new, O great overlooker of liquid fossil fuel???

Do you HONESTLY think it was the cast iron parts I was on about? Seriously?

Reactions: 1 user
Pray tell what engine management system that engine uses? Would it be the new hardware out of a 2016, or a brand new frpp control pack, or would it be the ancient broken down junk that came with that pushrod motor when it was new, O great overlooker of liquid fossil fuel???

Do you HONESTLY think it was the cast iron parts I was on about? Seriously?
Do you seriously have to get this wadded into a knot over my comments?
Do you not know me well enough to know that part of that was poking fun, before you decided that I was ignorant?

Well you did kinda start the bashing with the pushrod thing but added the old az wiring thing as you went. Both engines have their + and -'s, I like the new coyote engine and the cost per hp makes it a contender, I just wish ford would offer a base model, like no frills, I don't need no stink'n radio and seat warmers.

You know you can get all sorts of stand alone ECU's (wrap them in saran wrap to be pond water proof) and wiring for your turbo pushrod set up, right? Then you can have the best of all worlds! Reliable engine, and reliable electronics, pond water proof ECU, and POWA!

All pushrods aside, you gotta like the new technology, starting out with more hp and just a few bolt ons and a tune away from tire fry'n fun. Have to admit not a lot of 500 hp pushrods that you can sit in traffic with the ac on and talk'n on your cell without yell'n.
I still can't afford one though.

Yeah, I'm over it. It's not just the joys of the turbo, it's the utter nonsense that goes along with antiquated engine management, The bugs and quirks of ancient electronics that never ever work the way they are supposed to, (see @hoopty5.0 's project..) Also, the limits of the stock block, when a dart costs half of a coyote.. the chit you have to do to get to coyote power level... It's pointless. I'm done. I'm still going to keep the engine for my '49, but I'm going to lose the efi garbage for a good old carb (or maybe two on a tunnel ram).. I have a buddy with a fox who is eyeing my turbo setup.
YEAH!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

If i had $5-6k i would be first drinking a different whiskey (and you know what i mean mike. Bookers:nice:).

I really would still prefer pushrods. Maybe because of the needed transmission and all of the supporting accessories (control pack) that would drive it far beyond. Maybe because it's part of what the foxes originally were.

Honestly though, it's a wash. To coyote swap, i'll spend close to $10k, to go with a NA B/S'd 351, i'll puke up close to the same amount.

You can't expect reliability with this old sht we love. Just like the interior parts i'm working on right now, it's all old and needs, at best, to be repaired. Replacement is better.

We are no longer a group that "fixes up a slightly older mustang". We are restorers. Suck it up gentleman, most everything needs replacement or proper repair to be btchin' for any period of time.

Jeez I love it though!

Reactions: 2 users
Wiring gremlins suck! Period. And I've been lucky. Only had to fix a couple and they were visible,cracked,broken,disconnected,easily fixed wires. Give me something to wrench on before chasing things with a probe(and not ct worthy imo lol).