Oh so tempting.

Metatrox

Jul 5, 2009
Well Its only a V6 but i did test drive a V6 the other day. Its still pretty peppy but not a V8 for sure but not bad. I just love what the dealer has done to it! Simple but great looking mods.

They are asking like $24,700 I think.

Worth it? I dont think its a premium just a regular.

attachment.php

I also have a couple questions. Is the V6 worth getting I'm looking for a nice sporty car. Looking at trading in my Jeep. Don't think I can afford the GT right now. especially since no one wants to give me a decent trade on my Jeep.

Here's my Jeep, they only wanna give me $19,500. its an 08 with only 14000 miles and about 4k in mods.
044.jpg

Attachments

• bluestang.jpg
    bluestang.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Sponsors (?)

Almost $25k for a plain 2010 V6 Mustang is NOT worth it. If you wait a year or two you'll be able to get a 2010 or '11 GT for that much. Or you could get an '09 GT for that much (or less) now. Also that Jeep is pretty awesome! I definitely wouldn't trade in that Wrangler for a V6 'Stang.

If you're looking for a fun, reliable ride that you can enjoy, mod to your heart's content, and get decent insurance rates and mileage, go for the V6. That's a sweet looking car, although I think the price is high. My son bought his 06 V6 for about $17k. It was bone stock though--NO options. He put on a different set of wheels and a ducktail spoiler, and it's unique, looks good, is fun to drive. Get the manual--it makes a lot of difference in the "fun-to-drive" category, IMHO.

I'd think you'd be better off selling your jeep outright, then buying a Mustang. Their offer seems low. Can you swap some of the stock gear back on it and sell it separately? Might net you some of that 4k back.

You'll only regret not getting the GT if you are going to feel inadequate in stoplight drags. Don't get suckered into them, and don't go judging your car by how it performs against others, and you won't have any problems.

Or, sneak a turbo setup under the hood, and embarass a few who look down their noses at V6s.:D

I did not see the Jeep the first time I read your post! Keep the Jeep, I kept mine! I thought about trading mine a couple months ago for a Challenger, but like you, they thought they would give me 19 and some change for a 08 Rubicon loaded with Nav and Mygig, both tops and with low mileage. I did not even attempt to trade is for the Mustang, I just got myself into a better position and bought (financed) the Stang. The Stang can be your sports car and the Jeep, your convertable. I agree with the others, you would like the GT so much more.

I owned a 2005 GT and I have to tell you that I have always liked the plain simple grill of the V6 much more than those big spotlights that were on my GT. The plain clean black grill of the V6 just looks meaner, especially if you painted out the pony to black.

We have several v6 mustangs in our club and they even go to the strip with us. One V6 has CAI and slicks. He has beat many of the GTs on the 1/8 mile. He has almost no tire spin coming off the line and the race is over before the GTs knew what happened to them. On a 1/8 mile track reaction time, launch and shifting are the difference. I let the V6 driver take my 2009 GT500 down the track and he beat my time badly, heck of a driver. He does not take much crap from the GT boys these days.:)

The V6 Mustang is a nice car for sure and a lot of fun. I also think the price is too high, you can do much better than that.

Steve

Yeah I think you guys are right. I might try to sell it on Ebay or local. Try to get what I owe out of it and then see if I can finance a used gt500 or something. I've seen some for around $33,000. That would be awesome. I live in a fairly small city and only real nice mustangs are a couple saleens and a couple gt500.