Oh the ugliness of it all....Paint prepping..

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
WHAT A FREAKIN MESS???? I have just about the entire car in pcs... :bang: Bout 1/2 way there...Hopefully to the booth next week to shoot it....

Got the hood installed, re-aligned all the gaps....Badge holes are gone...

prep_1.jpg

Minor door dings and such....

prep_2.jpg

Nose is done..just hanging there..

prep_3.jpg

A shot of the new Drift Rs.....in 18"...nice dish on em

prep_4.jpg

She's strip right down....

prep_6.jpg

Doing all the prep here at home...she'll be trucked to the Ford garage for paint..then into the dryer...and Viola....Then another week to re-install everything...This is a freebie from a friend who works at a new dealership...5K paint job for just materials...I had to suck up the offer... :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

94GTLaserRC said:
Who is Viola? :shrug:
I think he means "voila"

voilà
SYLLABICATION: voi·là
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: vwä-lä
INTERJECTION: Used to call attention to or express satisfaction with a thing shown or accomplished: Mix the ingredients, chill, and—voilà!—a light, tasty dessert.
ETYMOLOGY: French : voi, second person sing. imperative of voir, to see (from Old French; see voyeur) + là, there (from Old French la, lai, probably from Latin illc, by that way ( ill, ablative sing. feminine of ille, that; see al-1 in Appendix I + -ce, deictic particle).

*Edit* Dont know if you were joking RC. If you were, :bang:

Numbles said:
Looks like a ton of work. The wheels looks good with that lip.

How hard is it to prep your own car. Since this site is practically a how too site. Whats all involved.

Whats involved...First depends on what kind of job you want...This ones the full monty so everything comes off...the less masking the better as far a the look is concerned...mine has no rust at all...a big plus....its mostly chips/dings and clear coat was going South....
I have a friend who's doing it...i just do alot of wetsanding and blocking...We pretty much scuffed it with 320....Red Scotch-Brite it down after that,,,wash it like 4 times over..Then Hi-Build prime it.....hit that lightly with Black spray paint..this gives it a "guide coat",,then we wetsand with 500...if alls cool...hit it with Gray Scotch brite...wash it 4 times over again....it thats cool...then you put the color to it....From there...i thinks he hits the color with 1000...clean that again...then hit it with clear....then buff that out....
Not a job i would even tackle without someone who knows what the hell he's doing.... :D Im just watching and learning...

UPS just dropped the wheels/tires today....I had to throw em on....looks like it needs to be dropped again tho....???

SN95StangMan said:
I think he means "voila"

voilà
SYLLABICATION: voi·là
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: vwä-lä
INTERJECTION: Used to call attention to or express satisfaction with a thing shown or accomplished: Mix the ingredients, chill, and—voilà!—a light, tasty dessert.
ETYMOLOGY: French : voi, second person sing. imperative of voir, to see (from Old French; see voyeur) + là, there (from Old French la, lai, probably from Latin illc, by that way ( ill, ablative sing. feminine of ille, that; see al-1 in Appendix I + -ce, deictic particle).

*Edit* Dont know if you were joking RC. If you were, :bang:

:rlaugh: I WAS :lol:
RC

yellow5.0cobra said:
make sure you remove ALL trim, and even the FORD logo to make the job look SUPERIOR.

Ya, that mother still needs to go....and we left one door handle for the moment....I even have a new front windshield going in...it was bigtime chipped...the thing would have looked like ass, all spanked out and a crappy windshield.....

Only thing I wont be replacing is the stock spoiler..i got a quote today from Mustangs Unlimited...its 211.00 for a Saleen S281 spoiler...and 115.00 to ship the freakin thing...That blows, as I wanted to go with one....Chit...my hood shipped from Ohio was 65.00...This is 115.00 from Conn...I dont get it sometimes... :bang:

RIO5.0 said:
Only thing I wont be replacing is the stock spoiler..i got a quote today from Mustangs Unlimited...its 211.00 for a Saleen S281 spoiler...and 115.00 to ship the freakin thing...That blows, as I wanted to go with one....Chit...my hood shipped from Ohio was 65.00...This is 115.00 from Conn...I dont get it sometimes... :bang:
http://speedworx.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/SID=1084925227.26115/page=product.html/product=1271
$189.99, and im sure its real Saleen stuff. You can put your Zip Code in to get a quote on shipping too.

Andy, my gosh those wheels look GREAT! I like them so much better than the other ones you had in mind!! I don't think I've ever seen a Stang with those.

If you EVER get rid of those, I want first dibs brotha!!

When you get the car painted and everything's mint, take a nice pic pretty please? I need a new desktop wallpaper and your car will look :drool: