Fox Oh Those Little Details!

Onefine88

Previously 89SSC18
10 Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
I know my engine and compartment are far from stock but for some crazy reason I like to keep some element of the OEM stock look going in there somewhere.
I figure just because I have Edelbrock heads a Holley Systemax intake that doesn't mean I need to advertise that fact under the hood.
So, this past weekend an idea popped into my head. I decided to modify my old stock intake plenum plate to fit on my Systemax intake.
I put the finishing touches on it today and glued it down. It blends real nice with the raised ribs on top of the intake.
Whatcha think?
IMG_20140429_133302_623.jpg

IMG_20140429_134044_035.jpg

My says I'm OCD. Me? NAAAH!

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks again guys! I used two part 5 minute epoxy to attach it to the intake. Its not going anywhere.
Someone above said "I can't believe this hadn't been done before?
Well it has:
Here's a pic of my ex-SSC. I bought a Saleen/Vortech intake for it after I supercharged it. I wanted to keep the SSC theme alive so I decided to modify that stock plenum plate to fit the Vortech intake.
Came out good I thought.
IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again guys! I used two part 5 minute epoxy to attach it to the intake. Its not going anywhere.
Someone above said "I can't believe this hadn't been done before?
Well it has:
Here's a pic of my ex-SSC. I bought a Saleen/Vortech intake for it after I supercharged it. I wanted to keep the SSC theme alive so I decided to modify that stock plenum plate to fit the Vortech intake.
Came out good I thought.
IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg
:jaw:

Another little detail that "used" to bother me. Anyone other fox vert owners dislike the ugly unfinished underside of their trunklid?
I made a remedy;)
IMG_20140430_132053_825-1.jpg