oh yeah!!!!

bimmertech

May 3, 2005
merriam, ks
so, i'm gonna pick up a vortech tommorow from moneypit94 along with some 42's, 80mm pro-m, and an afm power pipe. needless to say i'm excited. i also just placed my order for a stage 2 snow performance meth inj, and an msd 6a.

the t56 is next, then some interior work. new carpet, 00 cobra r recaros, gauges, etc...

i'm also gonna start building up a bottom end that i want to rev pretty good. so give me some reccomendations on a set of heads for a 306 that will see 7k rpms. i'm not interested in maxing out the block or the fuel system, just want to run about 12psi and see some revs.

anyone know where i can find a cog drive for 94-95's? all i can find is for foxes.

man i am juiced, i've always been a nitrous guy so getting a blower is like me getting a new car. i'm pretty ignorant on the subject and look forward to learning. just had to share.

• Sponsors (?)

SWEET!! That's gonna be a sick motor when you're done with it. But if you want it to rev that high, you're gonna lose a lot of low-end. What about building a 347 or something that will rev to 7k, that way you'll still have some street torque?

I DEFINITELY am a fan of higher revving motors since I've done my heads/cam. I shift at 6k now, and for some reason, it's like an epiphany to wind out the motor to 6 grand.

i'm not worried about loosing low end. build for hp and gear for torque, hence the t56 and prolly 4.56's. i drive the newer M3's quite often and i really like winding those things out, it's really addicting. wait till you get to wind out those s2000's on your test drives.

as for the 347 idea, i really want to keep the power down as to not max out the fuel system or block. there are other things i want like an 03/04 sc saleen.

VibrantRedGT said:
Hopefully you have a PMS, Tweecer or some kind of tuning device. The MSD6BTM is a better choice in blower applications. All I can tell you is tune it before laying into it.
i chose the 6a over the btm cuz we have a local shop here that is very good with sct chips on forced inducted engines(MC racing). i figure i'll get a tune now, then another after the new motor. $1k for both the tunes is worth it to me, that is unless you guys think a chip just won't cut it.

really i want to keep the boost around 8 for now, then 12 after the new motor.

With all you've said, I'd personally be saving for some kind of Dart block, not interior decorations and all that transmission bull****.

Listen to Joe (Vib) and listen to him very carefully. Wick up the boost to 12#, and you're at your limits with the stock block and heads. If you have an aftermarket intake, you're really going to fly.....but at the limits of your block.

The cheapest set-up you could do is a 306 Probe piston/Probe rod/Eagle or Scat Cast crank set-up in a Sportsman block. Although it's not rated at 600, I could see it living at a 550-600 FWHP level for quite a bit if it's not beat the piss out of on an everyday occasion.

Joe