Ohv Motor In 04 Mustang?

EI_03 GT

Jan 17, 2010
As the title suggests I am thinking about putting in a OHV motor in my 04 mustang. More specifically I was thinking about trying to squeeze in a 363. While I know that it can be done I was wondering if anyone has actually done it?

Before people freak out about it I have to rebuild the motor due it taking a crap on me.. Soo seeing as how the next few years I will be coming into some money I wanted do something different and this came to mind.

Thread in question where someone actually put a old 5.0 motor in the 99-04:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...gt-drivetrain-to-1999-v6-vert-chassis.837117/

• Sponsors (?)

You will need a new k member, and stand along fuel system to say the least. Will probably need a tranny as well. it's been covered on here several times and I had a friend that did it. Long story short, for the money, time and effort, he wished he would have stayed with a 4.6. That would be my consensus as well.

You will need a new k member, and stand along fuel system to say the least. Will probably need a tranny as well. it's been covered on here several times and I had a friend that did it. Long story short, for the money, time and effort, he wished he would have stayed with a 4.6. That would be my consensus as well.

Yeah I was only going to do it if I could find a 94-95 gt floating around out there for the right price. I know that the K member already found one for sale on MM. I appreciate your advice though I'll keep it in mind when I actually start to either rebuild the 4.6 or am in a position to get a donor car.