Oil backing up through breather on rt. side.

Cobra3150

Jan 2, 2006
I own a 93 cobra. I know, whoopee. I have a breather on the filler spout instead of the rubber hose going to the throttle body. Problem I'm having is that there is oil, not much, coming back up through the breather. Now I was told that a galley in the head may be blocked and to use a coat hanger to try and clear it out. The head seems clean as I tried that and nothing came out of it. The car runs great but every now and then I have to clean up this mess on the side of the valve cover and it's ticks me off. :mad: My question here is, has this happened to anyone else and is there a quick fix to this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Oh yea, I did post in here a while back. Sometime last year I believe about a bad miss I had. Don't remember if I got back to you guys about what the problem was but turns out it was the shorty equal-length headers that were on the car. They were macs and no matter what plug wires I had in there they'd still hit the #3 pipe on the header on the right side. It would burn a hole straight through too even with the heat shield on. Bought a set of bbk long-tubes and that did the trick. Runs awesome now and picked up a few ponies. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)