oil blow by

the98stang

Aug 12, 2005
Clovis, CA
Well I'm pretty sure my rings are slowly dying (must be the 10lbs of boost:rlaugh: ). My plugs are covered in oil. At first I thought it was the valve cover gasket, but I replaced it, and the plugs still have oil on them. The funny thing is, my car doesn't burn ANY oil. Every time I check the oil it's in the same spot. Engine compression is good too. I just changed the oil so now I'm running Mobil 1 10w-30 instead of 5w-30. I also changed the plugs. Do you think I should run a thicker oil if the 10w-30 doesn't solve the problem? Or maybe run non-synthetic? I'm just going to run this engine until she blows. The pictures just show one plug, but they all look the same anyway (oil deposits on the bottom of each plug on the threads). Opinions/thoughts are appreciated:) .

View attachment 354879
34pzzo1.jpg

Attachments

• 34pzzo1.jpg
    34pzzo1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Sponsors (?)

You need to do a leakdown test to find out for sure. It could be a few different things, and those aren't good enough pics of the plug to really tell anything. Kinda hard to tell if that's just from running pig rich, wrong plug heat range, or actual mechanical issue.

Ya...it's weird though, cause the plugs definitely have oil on them, and I think that's why they look black, insinuating a rich condition. But I know it's not running rich, because I tuned it myself. I know the VCG is fine because I replaced it. And it doesn't burn any oil. Nor do I see blue smoke coming from the exhaust. So I'm stumped.

Sounds like the upside down valve to me lol...jk. My 96 gt did that and ended up bening a bad valve seal. And as u said i never seen no sign of blue smoke. Moudlar fords are a mystery lol. But try a leak down test. O and another thing u could have a bad seal in ur superC. The c1 seal in my buddies car went out and he was having the same problem as u until it got so bad the car staeted to hesitate and protest..goodluck