Oil in powerpipe, Vortech Cobra.. breathers or catchcan?

BrianV

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
McChord AFB, WA
Ok, I've spent the last hour reading posts on this problem, and on removing the PCV for breathers etc. I am more informed but also more confused now that I know I have several options.

Just kinda wanted a few opinions before I go and do something. The oil problem is pretty bad, nice little puddle of oil underneath my fenderwell filter.

So, should I install breathers, or just a catch-can or what? In regards to a catch can.. does it NEED to have a filter or not? Theres a ton of decent looking ones for imports on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7912554144&category=6778

Also, I understand an evac pump is the way to go, but theres nothign really available as far as that goes, and I dont really understand that option anyway.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
:confused:

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm thats a new suggestion..

I went ahead and installed a couple breathers for the time being.. also kinda checking to make sure its not my blower leaking oil, so I cleaned everything out and will be watching it carefully to spot any more oil in the intake.

Dont want to start paranoia, but that sounds like exactly the same thing that happened with my 99GT with a ProCharger. After trying catch-can (sorta worked, but still a mess), I found that I blew the rings in a couple of cylinders causing lots of blow-by. Have you tried a compression or leakdown test?