Oil Leak Catback Exhaust Install

Jordan Warta

Nov 29, 2015
1995 mustang GT. Installed a Flowmaster Catback exhaust. Had everything finished except one of the tailpipe. I woke up this morning and there wa a oil on cardboard I put under the car. A decent amount in 2 spots. Oil light was on and dipstick read under where says to add oil. The leak looked like it was under where the midpipe goes up to the headers towards front of car judging from cardboard. I'm assuming I caused it from shaking the midpipe when moving the mufflers around when I attached then and was adjusting them. Could this have caused it?

• Sponsors (?)

Have you physically looked to see where the oil is coming from? Changing exhaust won't cause a leak. Odds are it's just a random coincidence. Check where the trans mates to the engine for signs of seepage.

Have you physically looked to see where the oil is coming from? Changing exhaust won't cause a leak. Odds are it's just a random coincidence. Check where the trans mates to the engine for signs of seepage.
haven't seen anything physically leaking. Looked at the dipstick again and it read half. I guess I rubber some off when pulling it out before. Not sure why the oil light was going off earlier and the stuff on cardboard still looks like it was from last night but it's dry. Maybe nothing's leaking and it's fine.