oil leak.. where to start?

rgosulliv

Founding Member
Aug 10, 2001
Lawrenceville NJ
ok... so I'd eventually like to run my car at the track but as of right now i cant due to an oil leak. It's a problem thats been going on for too long and really needs some attention.

what I know about the leak:

-its a reasonably slow leak... about a quart ever two months. but my driveway and the street in front of my house are a mess.
-its coming from the upper portion of the engine on intake side... i think
-I've changed my valve cover three times and eliminated the leaking from there... i hope...
-theres little pools of oil that I can see sitting on the lower intake... its a slow leak but it builds up there over time...
-i think it could be the oil pressure sender unit. I'm thinking this could also explain why my oil pressure reads so low...

if its not that, which very well could be the case, does anyone have any other ideas or ways to figure it out.

and as a side note... when I finally figure out the problem and fix it whats a good way of getting rid of the oil all over the place because that side of the engine is a mess and the underside of my car is disgusting...

thanks
-Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

Mine leak oil...don't have any problem running them at the track...they just won't tolerate something that lays a puddle on the track just sitting there for a minute or two...

It's most likely blowing out of your dipstick...