Oil leak?

Silver95Stint

Oct 28, 2003
England
What kind of signs should I be looking for if I do have an oil leak. I looked underneath the car where the oil pan is, and I see oil residue. Is this normal? I also see abit around the manifold. My low oil light comes on sometimes, but I park on the hill and I have just started using synthetic oil (M1 10w 30). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

If you have weak seals anywhere the syn will go through. Clean off your motor or where ever the leak is and check on it after awhile and see if it is getting oily again. If it is, then you have a leak. If you have a lot of miles your car could just be burning it. If your motor is leaking out the syn then clean your motor again add regular weight and see if it happens again.

you can go back to regular. its a common misconception that synthetic oil causes problems. some people say that since its slicker, it has a tendency to cause leaks. people think slick and thin are the same. i had a guy come in work thinking his motor got shot bc of using synthetic