Oil level sensor

1EVIL88VERT

Jul 12, 2004
Dyess AFB, TX
My question= is their a way to trick the car into thining the sensor is there and not get a light. The reason i ask is i am getting ready to build my next motor and the new 7qt pan i have does not have provisions for one.

• Sponsors (?)

1EVIL88VERT said:
My question= is their a way to trick the car into thining the sensor is there and not get a light. The reason i ask is i am getting ready to build my next motor and the new 7qt pan i have does not have provisions for one.

I think the "Trick" thing to do would be to get the sensor on the 7pt pan. An oil level light is pretty nice to have. The oil pressure needle dropping suddenly will not catch your eye the way an idiot light will.

Not sure how you would do it though, I am not even sure how the level sensor works?

i would have liked to get the pan with the sensor fitting but i'm poor and don't have the extra 200.00. I'm not too woried about not knowing if their is oil in my car as i only drive 100 miles a week and check everything every-other day. I'm just guesing here but the sensor just measures a current drop, and the oil on it closes the circuit.....hence no light. does anybody else have a more in depth view on how to delete this thing?

I know The Shape has posted about it before. I thought he tossed it aside and the light stayed off. Otherwise, if the light is on, just bridge the terminals. Or remove the bulb on the instrument panel.

Good luck.

1EVIL88VERT said:
i would have liked to get the pan with the sensor fitting but i'm poor and don't have the extra 200.00. I'm not too woried about not knowing if their is oil in my car as i only drive 100 miles a week and check everything every-other day. I'm just guesing here but the sensor just measures a current drop, and the oil on it closes the circuit.....hence no light. does anybody else have a more in depth view on how to delete this thing?
Most of them quit working after a while - mine hasn't worked in a long time. Since it isn't wired into the computer, you can put a piece of black tape over the indicator, or remove the bulb and ignore it.