oil out the tailpipes

slvrgoblin

Jan 8, 2007
D'Ville
hey guys I dont really post much on here but looking for a little help. I was driving down I-75 headed to Barret pkwy last night and I looked to change lanes and the stang was bellowing smoke out of the pipes. I immediately go off at the next exit. soon after that I lost all oil pressure. When I got out to inspect my exhaust pipes had sprayed oil all over the back of my car.:( Obviously this is severe and internal but can anyone take a stab as to what MIGHT be the problem. Thanks alot guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Does the motor still run or did it stall/shut itself down? Before you go all out and buy new motors or completed short blocks, at least find out what happend first.

Start with compression and leak down tests. And are you sure the oil is coming from the tail pipe and not spraying down the underside of the car and showing up on the bumper?

The motor ran until I shut it off then it would not crank again. Everything will be tested tomorrow. I took a swab out of the inside of the exhaust pipes and there is oil present in the actual pipes. But I will get back tomorrow afternoon with an update. Thanks guys for your help, I appreciate it.

Yea thats what I'm figuring, checked the coolant reservoir today and its completely dry, what gets me is that no MIL's came on.........

The MIL is intended more for emissions problems than engine problems, the pcm can not sense impending mechanical failure

it really should be renamed EMIL ( emissions malfunction indicator light)

BTW your motor is junk at this point I would not rebuild.. you are better off getting a used PI motor.. if you can get a explorer motor from a 02-05 it's a all aluminum 4.6 and is about 70 pounds lighter.

I studied the car and couldn't find anything but oil everywhere, the mechanic told me that it overheated and the block would expand when it got hot and it would compress when it cooled. But to be honest other than what he told me I really don't know that much more. ( I got a second opinion and it had the same results)