Oil Pan ?

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe someone else has different info, but I don't see how you could get a girdle in the MII specific 302 oilpan.

If you are planning on drag racing rather than road racing, I'd recommend just raising the engine a bit and using a standard 302 oilpan with the girdle. Of course you'll need to adjust your pinion angle a bit to compenstate for the nose up engine/trans angle.

If you are road racing you might could lower the rack an inch and use bump steer eliminators to restore your steering arm/lower control arm geometry. I've never heard of anyone doing that, but it should work.

I have a 308 with ARP main studs and a DSS girdle I use a milodon 30925 oil pan with there 18375 pickup. I have manual steering and a 93 5.0 mustang starter to clear the oil pan.

thanks for the help. I spoke to the guys at DSS and they say an OEM fox body pan will fit, so i'm gonna check the local bone yard and see if it'll work. thanks for the milodon tip, if i have to i'll go that way it'd look cool but a little more than i wanna spend

hey Fity, DSS says the oem pan'll fit a 302 w/girdle, NOT the frame of a II. sorry i shoulda clarified. they dont know jack bout II's they only no motors.

i think somebody on here did say the fox pan fit their II tho, w/a manual rack so I'm kinda intrstd to no what was your experience w/that pan??? where's it hit?

Thanks!

If you could move the front suspension crossmember about 4 inches forward or the engine about 4 inches rearward, the Fox 302 oil pan might fit... ;)

Your best bet is an early Mustang 302 oilpan with the small diameter Fox 5.0 starter. And either a little massaging of the pan with a hammer or about a 1 inch spacer between the engine and engine mounts. And a manual steering rack.

Compare the early 302 pan with the MII 302 pan and you'll see what you are into.

The fox pan will not fit the II. A regular front sump 302 pan will not fit with the girdle the studs hit the pan in the rear. This happened to me over the summer. I could have tried to hammer it out but I just ended up going with the milodon pan. It was a unexpected expense but I am happy I did it.