Engine Oil Pressure Drops With Mech Gauge

You didn't say you had this problem before. You probably have a cracked block if it did this with old heads. If it was me I would have stripped the motor down to bare block, and have it magna fluxed for cracks, before plunking down for new heads. I hope I'm wrong, but if you had the same issue, you more than likely have a crack in one of the cylinder bores. Keep us posted what you find. Take your block to a good machine shop, unless the crack is real obvious. You'd definitely lose oil pressure and power if cylinders won't seal, and hold compression/ oil pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Well I'm stupid lol. Forgot to mention car hasn't had a oil change since I first blew the head gaskets. So I can't really go by the oil. I know I should do an oil change but I don't wanna drop $35 just to change the oil and the problem comes back again :(. But I am gonna go check the passenger side head gasket now. I'll check the driver side either tomorrow or this weekend. Depends when I wanna pull a pulley off lmao.

But if anybody has any ideas on why the car is running like this without it being head gaskets I'll be glad to check around my car for what you guys think it is or I'll tell you if its been replaced! :)

Thanks guys!

Dude.:eek: how are you going to do anything to an engine and not change the :leghump:ing oil?:nonono: how are you checking the head gaskets?

Water in the oil is terrible for everything in the engine including the bearings which give you oil pressure .....

Because I kept running into more issues every start up :( I know bad choice should have had it changed but living in an apartment that doesn't allow oil fixes and the car not running for more than 10 minutes doesn't help :(

But I found the problem I think. Lower intake wasn't on correctly. It had oil and water mixed into it. The rubber pieces that go in the front and back well the back one slipped off :/. So I'm thinking that caused all my issues.

But I ran into a lovely problem. My brother dropped a lower intake bolt into my distributor hole :bang:
I tried fishing for it but I can't find it. I can't drop the oil pan because well apartments blow. So I guess its gonna have to go to a mechanic to get the little bastard out :eek::(

If you're lucky it it most likely wound up in the front sump. You can get to that with the timing cover removed. Since you'll be changing oil you can also hope that it'll find its way somewhat near to the drain plug. A flexible magnetic tool could save the day if it's in the pan.

If you're lucky it it most likely wound up in the front sump. You can get to that with the timing cover removed. Since you'll be changing oil you can also hope that it'll find its way somewhat near to the drain plug. A flexible magnetic tool could save the day if it's in the pan.

Yeah I bought a flexible magnetic tool today but still no luck. I can feel it with the magnet but it feels like its stuck on something :(