Oil Pressure Guage

arena314

Sep 15, 2015
Idk if my oil pressure guage is broken or if there's an actual problem. It's been like this for a while but I just want to make sure. The needle is always stuck right at the N where it says normal then when I accelerate is goes down to the red line then when I let off it goes back up to where it was but never goes higher and even when I shut the car off it even stays there at the N if it was functioning properly wouldn't it go down when the car is off? Lmk and also my coolant guage is broken and my tac and gas guage is off so my cluster isnt functioning right but I have a coolant guage hooked up so that's not a concern I'm just concerned about the oil pressure. Thanks for any replieas

• Sponsors (?)

The oil pressure gauge is a glorified idiot light. No real pressure reading other than yes there is pressure and no there isn't.

You can mess up with a handheld. I don't like fooling with them but as long as you stick with basic changes you'll be OK. Research before you do spark or timing changes.

I didn't do any of that I ordered a tuner from bama off Americanmuscle and I told them all the mods my car has and that I wanted an 87 91 and 93 octane tune and they programed it and sent it to me so all I do is click upload tune and all the work is done for me

I had an issue with my pressure dropping on acceleration in my t-bird. Come to find out it was a bad sender and a faulty wire going to the sender. I replaced the sender and fixed the wire and had no issues after that. That may be a good place to start looking.

True. My luck on new years eve someone hit my passenger side door while my car was parked and didn't tell me so now I'm stuck buying a door and getting it painted.