Oil Separator pic

• Sponsors (?)

Can you give me some ideas on how and most importantly why you chose this route??
1st Does the other stlye pcv vavle help- Supra or Turbo Buick??
2nd Where have you determined the oil to be coming from?? I assume the problem with your car is from the pcv vavle to the intake tract.
3rd How did you install the other brand vavle, are they similar in size??
I am interested to see if this can be a temp fix until I rebuild my motor. Thanks

sweet88gt said:
Can you give me some ideas on how and most importantly why you chose this route??
1st Does the other stlye pcv vavle help- Supra or Turbo Buick??
2nd Where have you determined the oil to be coming from?? I assume the problem with your car is from the pcv vavle to the intake tract.
3rd How did you install the other brand vavle, are they similar in size??
I am interested to see if this can be a temp fix until I rebuild my motor. Thanks

This is on a supercharged application. The 1995 Turbo Supra PCV valve works very well in stopping the crankcase from being pressurized when under boost. Better than the oem pcv valve. The Buick one is to stop the separator oil from being blown all over the separator when under boost (that's why it's between the upper and separator).

Problem is from the pcv area. My motor only has approx 3500 miles on it. Buick pcv is installed the same orientation as the Supra (allowing air to flow to the upper). One end is 3/8" which will fit perfectly in the stock hose and the other is a little bigger so you really have to work it in there but it will go.

So, if Im correct you are using the Supra pcv valve in the lower intake location. You are using the Turbo Buick pcv vavle inline and what I believe to see in the picture after the oil seperator set up. How much boost are you building??

I'll have to try that or a similar setup out. I went to the dyno today to fix some issues and after a couple of pulls making around 8-9 psi smoke started to flow up from what I could see from the back of the lower intake. This has just become a problem in the last week. Back to the drawing board again.

There are a couple of threads in the reference sticky at the top of the 5.0 forum for pcv issues.

I would suggest trying a second pcv location (in the driver side valve cover), or using a larger separator.

The main goal seems to be to slow the velocity of the gasses leaving the crankcase. Once the gasses slow down a little the oil vapor is able to settle out.

jason