oil separator

JungleJoe

I was like well chit..Im missing something
Jul 25, 2011
Mo.
Ok guys, haveing a couple issues here.Anyone on here with a blower using a oil seperator? How do you have it set up? I have mine like this.....
Using the stock pvc valve, I have a rubber hose on the top of it going to the oil seperator,one way brake check valve,then to the intake.NOW here is the problem...under several WOT test runs or a full pass, it blows the dipstick out and, of course when that happens, oil gets on the headers.LUCKILY,it hasnt caught on fire from this!!!!
the other pic is one i took showing I got this bitch back together again!..LOL

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

I have a similar setup but my oil catch can is on the other side of the intake manifold.

The hose that connects to the pcv valve is attached to one side the catch can. The hose from the vacum tree located next to the EGR valve should be connected to the other side of the catch can.

See pic.

Also make sure that the catch can is not reversed.

Attachments

• 2011-11-13_16-41-42_579.jpg
    2011-11-13_16-41-42_579.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 69
Take the check valve out

The check valve is NOT the problem so long as it's not installed backwards.

Joe... your pictures suck bro... consistantly. You got two pics up there, one is so close in that you can't see anything but separator and the other os of the whole engine bay where you can't see anything.

Dude.. post pics that help tell your story.

I can't tell from either of your pics how you have that check valve installed, nor can I see the rest of your plumbing. If you have a hose between a valve cover and your TB like Vristang says then it needs to go...

--and---

You need to sit on a bench looking at your engine bay and imagine in your mind the path of gasses in the PEE CEE VEE system.

I think what you maybe doing is just piecing hoses together. Keep in mind that you to end with a system that PULLS excess crank pressure FROM the crankcase and TOWARD to combustion chamber.