Oil

• Sponsors (?)

Why not use the factory motorcraft oil 5w-20. It is a synthetic blend and is less than $2.00 a quart. You can buy it at auto-zone too. That motor (2003 4.6) is designed to run with 5w-20 for best performance. If yours is a 2000 gt run the weight that the book calls for. With some of these people having ticking noises from the motor I am only running the factory motorcraft 5w-20.

jrc_03_gt said:
Why not use the factory motorcraft oil 5w-20. It is a synthetic blend and is less than $2.00 a quart. You can buy it at auto-zone too. That motor (2003 4.6) is designed to run with 5w-20 for best performance. If yours is a 2000 gt run the weight that the book calls for. With some of these people having ticking noises from the motor I am only running the factory motorcraft 5w-20.

Because it is a proven fact that fully synthetic oil is better in every way

Amsoil 5w-20 is what I use

Islander03GT said:
thanks for the factory oil weight info.. i didnt get an owners manual with mine (used) and no last change sticker on the car...

does mobil 1 offer a 5-w20? I'm thinking of going full synthetic.

no, but they do offer 0w-20

0-W20 oil is the same thing at 5W-20 oil. If you look at the bottle for 0W-20 it says specifically designed for Ford vehicles using 5W-20 motor oil :nice: I use it since its a full synthetic, and I get to do it myself :D. Not to mention it saves me an hour and a half drive to the dealer I bought the car from.