Ok. I'm an idiot. How the hell did you get the LEDs installed over the rear plate??

• Sponsors (?)

I'm still going to install them. As others have said the cops can pull you for anything they want anyway (exhaust, tint etc.). I'll see how they look, but i think they look better than the stock bulbs.

I haven't had a prob with cops with mine.

WHat are they gonna say? The plate lights are too bright? They are illuminated, and they are white.

The new Lexus comes with LED plate light bulbs from the factory.

Mustang5L5 said:
They make LED's for every bulb size these days. Just go on EBay and type LED *yourbulbsize* and you'll find them

Cool, yeah I found em'. Will they also work for your instrument cluster? (different bulb size in search ...)

Well turns out you dont even need to unscrew/remove the cover from the bulbs. Just reach inside the trunk and turn the back of the bulb clockwise about 1/8 of a turn. Then you can pull it right out. Takes 1 minute.

I left one stock bulb in. I'll take a pic tonight to compare them, but i'm already happy.

Looks so much better with the true blue paint mate. Much more modern look. I'll post pics once its dark. 4 bucks shipped. I'll post a link to the auction if you like the look.

I cant wait to get my new clear corner headlights and stick the silverstars in there. Theres no place for yellow anywhere on a blue stang.

COramprat said:
Do you have to replace the bulb cover with the LED's? Mine are heat rotted. I've already been stopped once for not having plate lights.

You dont even have to touch the bulb cover. Turns out you just grab the back of the bulb bit where the wires go in, turn it counter-clockwise a little and pull. Then just change the bulb.

LEDs wont generate the heat your old bulbs did either.

COramprat said:
Do you have to replace the bulb cover with the LED's? Mine are heat rotted. I've already been stopped once for not having plate lights.
Those bulb covers are not expensive...i think it was Ambo that replaced his and they were like $5. I'm gonna inspect mine when i install my led's

COramprat said:

If they are you should replace them. One of mine was heat-rotted and cracked. WHen i put the LED in that side was dim and eventually water got in and shorted the LED out.

BTW, here are some comparison shots of when i did my LED's

Guess which is the stock bulb??
View attachment 422756

View attachment 422758

The reverse bulbs
View attachment 422761

merc123 said:
This whole blurring the plate thing is out of hand...

I remember when a guy got his rx7 stolen for parts after he posted his car pic (and plate) on the net. Admittedly no-one wants to steal my car, but it doesnt hurt to keep your address to yourself. You never know when some psycho like Kilgore is going to lose it.:eek:

Same reason here. I actually know someone that works for the registry so i have the means to discover an address from a plate.

I've done it for cute girls i've seen driving around :)