ok...just MIGHT be a stupid question, but...

Steele

May 13, 2004
Would a 2.0 Liter Turbo engine out of a 1987 Saab 9000T fit into a 1993 Mustang LX and, if so, how much work would it be. Besides new motor mounts (I am just guessing it would need them) what else would need to be done to make it work out well and would it be worth it? I might have the opportunity to pick one up for $200-300 as a work car for the wife so we don't rack up too many miles on the new Focus (not even a year old and already 25,000 miles on her :damnit: ) and I was thinking that I could *cough* "scavange" off it after we ran her into the ground.

Anyone ever driven one of these before? I will get a chance on probably Sunday when we get our first test drive and will decide.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

• Sponsors (?)

Would it fit? Probably.

How much work? WAYYYY more than it would be worth. You would have to custom make the motor mounts, figure out the wiring, make the throttle linkage work, figure out something for the transmission, etc, etc. Basically: forget it. Just find a 2.3 Turbo if you really want a turbo engine in the car.

That's about what I thought, thanks man. But I would still like to know how these cars are and if it would be worth "spiffin" her up, so if anyone has any experiences, go ahead and chime on in.

Thanks